User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2017 10:14:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Keystone Accuracy.

It's extremely solid, and the height is just right. Most others are too high for good cheek weld.

I use one with my own PST 1-4x in service rifle competition where it's served me very well (state championship win last week).

Keystone mount
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keystone Accuracy.

It's extremely solid, and the height is just right. Most others are too high for good cheek weld.

I use one with my own PST 1-4x in service rifle competition where it's served me very well (state championship win last week).

Keystone mount
View Quote
Looking at that one, it does not look like I could use it with A2 handguards, as it continues forward of the upper receiver at a lower height than other mounts. Will it clear A2 handguards or does it need a more modern lower forward handguard that matches the height of the receiver?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Warne X-Skel.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Geissele Super Precision.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Aero Precision SPR mount, 30mm
Amazon for $64.00
This mount
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Call me old skool but I'm pretty sold on the LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
 So many mounts man, most of them are good.

Find one you like that fits your requirements and grab one. 

Just google it you will find tons of topics. Ignore the banter if it's a quality brand it will be good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Hard to beat the Aero P for the money.   Streamlined no knobs etc sticking out the side a nice clean look.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The right mount is the one with a height that puts your eye naturally in the center of the tube when you have a good cheek weld. Too many guys don't even consider this when they pick their mount, but it's the most important thing.

OP, regarding the Keystone cantaliever mount - it probably would interfere with standard handguard. Most cantaliever mounts probably will. To get proper eye relief on an AR you really should use a cantaliever mount though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just what most people need, a mount that costs as much as their optic, lol.  They are nice, but I don't see using one until my optics costs at least twice the mount.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just what most people need, a mount that costs as much as their optic, lol.  They are nice, but I don't see using one until my optics costs at least twice the mount.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought mine during the blem sale. I love the mount but there's no way I'm paying almost $300 for it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Call me old skool but I'm pretty sold on the LaRue mount.
View Quote
This Lt-104 ,
adm are also nice for the money
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Should he get a Bobro then? ................................................................................... I keed I keed!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside I think they are the best out there, but I also wouldn't pay what he wants for them...........no way! Got mine from either blem sales or here on the EE much cheaper.

Unless a QD is needed which I personally don't have a need for one, and have sold all mine after owning the Geissele mounts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got two G mounts sitting in the safe with no optic for them

And NO BOBRO!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 7:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I use my G mounts for switching between a 1-4 and 6-24 scope on my 18" AR. These mounts have absolutely no POI shift what so ever.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Midway has "blemished" 30mm Geissele mounts for $207.

I bought 2 and I can't for the life of me find the blemish.  I'll have to look in the box because they mention that it isn't always cosmetic but might be some paperwork missing from the package.

Same thing for me as the above poster states, I can switch optics with these mounts and they will return to zero every time and not be off at all.

Geissele has a video out where they do this with a precise 30mm tube laser they had specially made to prove their RTZ claim.

You can see in the video as he starts to retighten the main mounting bolts it starts to RTZ even at only hand tight.

My personal experience also tells me they are not lying.

Geissele Super Precision Optic Mount - Return-To-Zero Test
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Midway has "blemished" 30mm Geissele mounts for $207.

I bought 2 and I can't for the life of me find the blemish.  I'll have to look in the box because they mention that it isn't always cosmetic but might be some paperwork missing from the package.

Same thing for me as the above poster states, I can switch optics with these mounts and they will return to zero every time and not be off at all.

Geissele has a video out where they do this with a precise 30mm tube laser they had specially made to prove their RTZ claim.

You can see in the video as he starts to retighten the main mounting bolts it starts to RTZ even at only hand tight.

My personal experience also tells me they are not lying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3o2QKoOpjk
View Quote
I was skeptical about the return to zero until I tried it. I even went as far as to shoot a group with it on one rifle, switch it to another and shoot a group, switch it back and shoot another group, etc. I did this 5 or six times and there was never a POI shift. I tried tighting the mount with just my fingers and it still held zero.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Geiselle, every time.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was skeptical about the return to zero until I tried it. I even went as far as to shoot a group with it on one rifle, switch it to another and shoot a group, switch it back and shoot another group, etc. I did this 5 or six times and there was never a POI shift. I tried tighting the mount with just my fingers and it still held zero.
View Quote
I also forgot to mention that the rings are so precise in these mounts that you could lightly just finger tighten them and you cannot get that scope to move  in that mount. Of course I still torque to the Geissele  recommended 15 to 18 inch pounds. No need to lap these rings.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Geissele or ADM, you can't go wrong with either. Aero is good for lightweight. I had zero issues with mine. But it's just not as stout. I wouldn't trust it if it got even remotely knocked around.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#22]
If QD is not needed, the simple, solidly constructed Leupold Mark 2 IMS one piece cantilever mount will clear the handguards.  About $85.

If QD with reliable return to zero is needed, I prefer Larue LT-104 and ADM Recon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Geissele, ADM, or Aero. Pick one and be happy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Amazon for $64.00
This mount
View Quote
I just ordered one of these for $59 on monmouth plus shipping.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Amazon for $64.00
This mount
View Quote
This.

I have the same scope. I was not interested in a QD mount. What I was looking for was a very strong but lightweight mount. The Aero Precision SPR mount is both. Very well thought out and well machined mount. Aero could charge twice what they do and I would still happily pay it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Larue
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 3:51:28 PM EDT
[#27]
LT 104

I had it as my setup for a while, worked really well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Aero Precision 30mm lightweight SPR mount.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#29]
LARUE

or

ADM

LARUE  is nicer

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Larue SPR-S. 1.43" height, 20 MOA cant. Can use for precision optic too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This.

I have the same scope. I was not interested in a QD mount. What I was looking for was a very strong but lightweight mount. The Aero Precision SPR mount is both. Very well thought out and well machined mount. Aero could charge twice what they do and I would still happily pay it.
View Quote
How strong are the Aero mounts though? Any reports of problems? I'm looking for a mount to go with my TR24 rifle and I'm not sure I can trust it on a go-to rifle. I definitely want a bolt-on mount, not throw lever.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#32]
LaRue LT104 or ADM Recon.

Spuhr cantilever too.

QD is my preference on gas guns.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top