Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2017 12:05:29 PM EDT
https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-grand-slam-tactical-rifle-scope-3-10x40mm-mil-dot-reticle-matte-black.html

For a DPMS Gen2 Recon, hunting, shooting out to 500Y.  Anyone have direct hands-on with this?  Read a few reviews (snipers hide:  http://www.snipercentral.com/weaver-grand-slam-tactical-3-10x40mm/) that say it is good glass (Japanese) and all around a pretty good scope.  For $220, I don't see any downsides to it.

Anyone have anything they can add?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and like it.  Currently it sits on a 450 bushmaster upper.  Great scope for the money.  Only down side is fixed parallax.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one and like it.  Currently it sits on a 450 bushmaster upper.  Great scope for the money.  Only down side is fixed parallax.
View Quote
they mentioned that in the review.  How big of a deal is that really?  At certain distances?

This from the review I read:
"One thing you will notice is that there is no adjustable objective (AO) on this scope. I prefer adjustable objectives for long range shooting scopes to help keep parallax under control, but I have shot many non adjustable objective scopes at long ranges and if you keep a good and consistent cheek weld every shot, you can avoid problems with parallax and be very accurate at long ranges. I could not find any info on what range the scope is set to be parallax free at, but typically it is 150 yards for most non AO scopes."

ETA:  what mount are you using?  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 2-10x36 superslam. Great glass. Common complaint for Weaver is heavy probably only talking a few ounces. Only observation. The reticle is FFP on mine (not sure about the one you posted but it probably is). The mils are of no use at low magnificaiton. As a matter of fact the cross hairs are so fine they are almost no use. The Superslam is illuminated so I can turn it on if I need to pick up the sights quicker.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks - the scope in question is second focal plane (SFP).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 3-10 mil/mil scope. I cant say enough good things about it. It was on my savage 10FP, but my old eyes (I'm 60) needed more scope. Everybody who has gotten behind that scope remarked how clear it was. They were also amazed at the price. I got mine from Midway for 299.99.

It is currently on a savage 22 trainer. I shoot it from 25 to 100 yards. At 25 yards I just leave it on 3X. You wont have any regrets if you buy it.

ETA: Adjustments are precise and repeatable!
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!  $219 from Natchez and I already have a mount.  You have confirmed my initial thinking, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#7]
PA 4-14x44 FFP
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
It's an awesome no frills scope. The glass and eyebox are are the only things I think could actually be improved on. But for the money they are absolutely great. I don't think anything comes near it in the sub 500 price range

I was happy at $300, $220,is a no brainer
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm late to this thread, but that's IMO a "buy it yesterday" price. I've used mine out past 500 yards on an AR.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 11:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a Grand Slam, didn't like how heavy it was but great value scope. Quality.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I will echo what everyone has already said, in that for $300 it was a solid buy, but for $220, buy it yesterday!

Mine is on a Remington 700 .308.  Good glass and it doesn't lose zero.  I've had the scope for 3 years and it's still running strong.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Weaver Grand Slam Tactical 3-10x40 mil/mil scope.  Had it about 3 years now.  It used to be a MidwayUSA exclusive.  It is a very capable basic tactical scope.  Real Japanese glass and construction.  Turrets track true. Matching mil dot reticle is accurate at 10x.

Only down side is no illumination and a somewhat limited elevation range because of the one inch main tube.  But, it will still get you to at least 700 yards.

The optical clarity of the Japanese glass is comparable to that found in $500-600 scopes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top