Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 3:22:39 PM EDT
I returned two 512's shortly after the recall was anouced.  I received one refund for the first sight only about six months later.  I have not been able to get any updates on the second  and given up on it.  Never signed up for any law suits even though I was contacted by mail a couple times.  Got a letter with a credit for a 22.50 off a "Current Production Holographic Weapon Sight". The letter comes from Heffler Claims Group.  F--- Them all.  Will not use or buy another EOTech and now will not allow a EOTech product in the shop from now on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried following up with Eotech?
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Got the same in the mail today.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Got the same letter.  Glad I got all my money back.  Never touching L3 stuff again.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
got it too.  (I had my check within a few weeks of the initial recall announcement)... Guess I'll buy a tshirt or something from the eotech shop and never wear it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If you guys are gonna throw them away anyway, I want to use them to get a sight from Eotech to do a review for us here at ARFCom. I supply the bullets, gun and range, as well as cooler full of ice and portable heater to test them out. Just an idea, but it's better than throwing them away. We all got made whole by Eotech, but the cost is already eaten, we might as well do something good with them.

Consider it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
good luck using them at all. I just went to eotechgear.com to buy a tshirt. (I would have been out nearly $12 for shipping alone,  but whatever it would be a cheap tshirt).  The store accepted all my info, I clicked "place order" and it said my zip was invalid (Bulls**!!!).  As a result of the page refreshing, my settlement code for $22.50 was no longer valid.  Awesome job EoTech/L-3

If I struggled to use one code, I doubt you'd be able to successfully enter a bunch of codes on the website for a single order without losing them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If anyone doesn't want their code, I'll take it. Going to buy a new sight
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If anyone doesn't want their code, I'll take it. Going to buy a new sight
View Quote
Sucker born every minute.

Why anyone would touch this junk is beyond me. Oh, I forgot “top guys” use (quickly changing) them!  Some guys must think they’ll shoot like operators too if they use EOjunk. Not that thousands and thousands of rounds of practice has anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing this letter is good for is to draw a red L-3 meat ball logo on the back and shoot the shit out of it with my rifles that now wear Aimpoints and Trijicons.  Let me state it again F--- them all.  I will not support EOTech nor will help anyone else support the f---ing, Lying POS.  May they all rot in hell.  And I'll make it personal, if you support L-3 Comm. EOTech after they willing allowed Soldiers and LEO's use their defective products and placing our members of Uniform Services lives in danger I got nothing for you and no use for you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:51:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The only thing this letter is good for is to draw a red L-3 meat ball logo on the back and shoot the shit out of it with my rifles that now wear Aimpoints and Trijicons.  Let me state it again F--- them all.  I will not support EOTech nor will help anyone else support the f---ing, Lying POS.  May they all rot in hell.  And I'll make it personal, if you support L-3 Comm. EOTech after they willing allowed Soldiers and LEO's use their defective products and placing our members of Uniform Services lives in danger I got nothing for you and no use for you.
View Quote
This is the first I have heard about it. After googling and learning about it, I agree with you. Profit motive is one thing, but avarice is another.

I wonder how many people have died or been seriously hurt because their sight failed them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:52:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got mine too. I'm pretty sure I'll never use them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I was going to buy a water bottle or something but the shipping from L3 costs more than the bottle costs on amazon.

Its a scam either way. The optics are usually way cheaper through vendors than direct from the company so hardly anybody will use the certificate.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:51:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I have two codes now. All I need is 20 more to get a sight to test for ARFCom.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
This kind of high horse shit makes me LOL. You realize there are still folks in the sandbox who use these right? There are all sorts of people who have had zero issues and ask themselves why they should bother switching when they haven't had any issues, and it is the best thing that works for them. Seriously time to get off the soapbox dude. I'm an Aimpoint fanboy FWIW.

ETA: One of the biggest supporters of L3 is the government and assuming you're a working man you've got lots for them in your taxes. 
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait, u sent 2 in and got a check for one and a 22.00 coupon for the second?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#16]
PM'd my code to the guy trying to setup the review.

Shitty EOTECH website is shitty. Imagine that.

I wasn't even able to buy a hat for $12 and pay $11 for shipping with my code.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I like EOTech sights and intend to buy new ones with my refund checks. How many people actually used their sights in minus zero temperatures? That's the range where zeroes we're effected.

The recall allowed me to upgrade my EOTech's, some of which were over 8 years old with brand new units. The new models that I'm interested in run on CR 123 batteries.

Nothing comes close to EOTech sights when it comes to the viewing window.

Life is too damn short to hold resentments and grudges against anyone or anything. EOTech voluntarily began the process of refunding people until the lawyers got involved. They ended up having to pay their customers back AND the lawyers.

I feel they got screwed by our legal system that allows this pile on approach to problems that the company was already handling on their own initiative.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you AGraham. That makes 3 so far, including mine. Just 19 more and I will call EOTech to see about a sight, probably a 512 unless I get a bunch more codes. I have a store locally here that does dry ice as well, if that is something people would like to see.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:26:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Has any one got there credit voucher to work?  I tried mine and no luck?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]
There is no fine print on these vouchers anywhere that say "one per customer" or some crap like that? I find it hard to believe L3 is going to go for that. Its like the get a "free slice of pizza" coupon in the paper... Optics are going to have some drift, heat/cold will have an impact on materials. Now, the one week battery life(personal experience) & the delamination(personally experienced) & the "fix your own battery compartment" is what keep me away.
Edit to add... Eotech(L3)repaired/replaced items in a timely fashion, no complaints there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thank you AGraham. That makes 3 so far, including mine. Just 19 more and I will call EOTech to see about a sight, probably a 512 unless I get a bunch more codes. I have a store locally here that does dry ice as well, if that is something people would like to see.
View Quote
You can have mine too. Shoot me an email so I remember to send it to you. I am out of town on a camping trip for the weekend so it will likely be Sunday evening before I can send it over.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is no fine print on these vouchers anywhere that say "one per customer" or some crap like that? I find it hard to believe L3 is going to go for that. Its like the get a "free slice of pizza" coupon in the paper... Optics are going to have some drift, heat/cold will have an impact on materials. Now, the one week battery life(personal experience) & the delamination(personally experienced) & the "fix your own battery compartment" is what keep me away.
Edit to add... Eotech(L3)repaired/replaced items in a timely fashion, no complaints there.
View Quote
No, they don't say one code per customer. They can't because multiple people got multiple refunds and multiple lawsuit vouchers. If I can get enough, I am going to call EOTech and tell them I have these donated vouchers and I want to use them to get a sight to test for ARFCom. With the animosity they have received from members here, a real world test with a member not affiliated with any company should be of interest to them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I got my letter today,as well.  What an insult.  They have my barely working optic (6 months now) and all I get is $22.50 to repeat what is obviously a mistake.  Will never do business with them again, and will spread the word on them whenever and where ever I have the opportunity.

Update 10/07:  It sure took a while longer, but I got a check today for $414.00. Considering when I originally bought my 512 (2009, I think) I will consider this to be fair enough.  I wish them well, and we'll see how well their gear holds up now and if I'll ever do one again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:42:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got my letter today,as well.  What an insult.  They have my barely working optic (6 months now) and all I get is $22.50 to repeat what is obviously a mistake.  Will never do business with them again, and will spread the word on them whenever and where ever I have the opportunity.
View Quote
wow I'd be calling and bitching. When you get your money I would buy two vortexes..lol.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#25]
i guess when you have military contracts, they dont give a shit about the lowly civi. amazing that some of the enlisted guys still trust the sights, given all the issues.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:09:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Has any one got there credit voucher to work?  I tried mine and no luck?
View Quote
Same here when I enter my $100 voucher code it's ?says invalid
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:44:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I like EOTech sights and intend to buy new ones with my refund checks. How many people actually used their sights in minus zero temperatures? That's the range where zeroes we're effected.

The recall allowed me to upgrade my EOTech's, some of which were over 8 years old with brand new units. The new models that I'm interested in run on CR 123 batteries.

Nothing comes close to EOTech sights when it comes to the viewing window.

Life is too damn short to hold resentments and grudges against anyone or anything. EOTech voluntarily began the process of refunding people until the lawyers got involved. They ended up having to pay their customers back AND the lawyers.

I feel they got screwed by our legal system that allows this pile on approach to problems that the company was already handling on their own initiative.
View Quote
You must be daft. They KNEW about the problems and did nothing with that information. They deserve the assfucking the lawyers gave them.

Vortex Huey seems like it will fill the market niche for those who liked the EOTech style reticle/view box.
And Vortex has EXCELLENT customer service.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I sent in two 512s to the Heffler law group and just got checks for $434 and $474 plus the $22.50 vouchers.  Not a bad deal considering I paid considerably less and already replaced them with new 512s from Bass Pro for $295 each after rebate. Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I was able to use my coupon code to buy a waterbottle. It's a Camelback Chute, a type I like.
Price plus shipping is a crazy rip off.
But I WAS ABLE to use the $22.50 towards the item AND the shipping.
It did still cost me 8 bucks.
Use it as a "gift certificate" code.  
Over and done with.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I sent in two 512s to the Heffler law group and just got checks for $434 and $474 plus the $22.50 vouchers.  Not a bad deal considering I paid considerably less and already replaced them with new 512s from Bass Pro for $295 each after rebate. Sweet!
View Quote
Did you receive it all in one letter?  I received a voucher for 22.50 but had sent in an optic.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#31]
If people are seriously not gonna use their vouchers feel free to PM me. I'll use them to build a clone gun
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
PM'd my code to the guy trying to setup the review.

Shitty EOTECH website is shitty. Imagine that.

I wasn't even able to buy a hat for $12 and pay $11 for shipping with my code.
View Quote
They must have heard you. I got a hat, cleaning kit, and paid for shipping plus like $2 with my code. It works on shipping now.

Anyone doesn't want their code, PM it to me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did you receive it all in one letter?  I received a voucher for 22.50 but had sent in an optic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Four separate letters.  I got the vouchers a day or two after I got the checks. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:47:35 AM EDT
[#34]
EOTech Voucher Proposal

I have 5 other members' codes making 6 total. If anyone is going to throw their code away, please reconsider.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]
to late I already threw mine in the trash . the pos sight delaminated within the first 6 months of use I got my money back and I am done with them . I replaced mine with a c-more railway sight  and am very happy with it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top