Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2017 11:15:02 AM EDT
I wanted to throw this out there because I see the question often. Are offset irons worth the price? Shooting 3 gun, I've found more than a handful of stages that offset irons would have had a benefit for close targets on a stage that incorporates long range steel (150 yards+). Adjusting a scope from 1 power to 6 power etc. is a pain in the ass when you are on the move or need quick transitions between targets at varying distances. Even more so when you want to go from 1 power to a specific power like 3.5x to be able to see an entire target array. Too much zoom and you will lose targets and have to pick your head up off the scope to find them.

The offsets linked below are something that I have been running a short time, but have also been used for 3+ problem free years (60+ matches) by a couple pro shooters who sent me the info for these. They are built stout, the machining is done well, lock solid onto the rail, have positive "click" when adjusting and dont lose zero from my experience/discussions.

I assume a lot of people, like myself, have never seriously considered offsets because of the price associated with them when buying from one of the big name manufacturers. I just wanted to make people aware that there is an option out there that wont require you to mortgage your house for something that you may or may not end up liking anyways.

Offset sites
I shoot long gun left handed. These are setup for right handed shooters, but flipping them 180 to mount on the other side of the rifle makes them just as effective as if they were on the right side. Just FYI if you are in the same boat as I am.

Front site post
The fiber optic front post isnt necessary, but I run FO on the rest of my guns so this add on was a must for me. Comes with 2 red, 2 green and a front post adjustment tool
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I know a few dudes that run offsets well for certain scenarios where you need precise aiming like a partially-covered target within 25 yards.  However, IME, I've found that shooting occluded was faster and easier so I ditched my offsets.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Just FYI but you all probably already know.

These are Chicoms and can be bought on the Geek or Wish purchasing apps for anywhere from 16 to 21 dollars.

Basically they are manufactured/marketed for the airsoft market
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just FYI but you all probably already know.

These are Chicoms and can be bought on the Geek or Wish purchasing apps for anywhere from 16 to 21 dollars.

Basically they are manufactured/marketed for the airsoft market
View Quote
Definitely Chinese made and I assumed as much about the airsoft market. I buy everything through Amazon (free shipping) so that's the reason for their links, but if someone could save a few buck somewhere else than that makes them that much more cost effective.

I would have a hard time justifying these for a self defense purposed rifle knowing they probably werent intended for that. Just a cheap way to get into a set if someone is on the fence about wanting to pony up the dough for a $200+ set. Im going to put these through the paces and see how the hold up/ hold zero, but with the few guys I know that have run them I dont think I will have any issue with them.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top