Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 1:39:53 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a kill flash / ARD that will fit the M21?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:12:52 AM EDT
[#1]
All the M21's I've purchased over the past few years came w/an ARD/killflash.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the M21's I've purchased over the past few years came w/an ARD/killflash.

Tomac
View Quote
This. They all come with one. It screws into place.

Going to guess you got yours used and the previous owner didn't include it. You may be able to contact Meprolight and see if they'll sell you another one. I don't know of any places off the top of my head that sell just the killflash.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. They all come with one. It screws into place.

Going to guess you got yours used and the previous owner didn't include it. You may be able to contact Meprolight and see if they'll sell you another one. I don't know of any places off the top of my head that sell just the killflash.
View Quote
Previous owner said he has three of them and none came with the kill flash, it's not like he has anything to gain by keeping them - it's a not a well sought after sight.

Other users have said some came with them while others didn't.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine several years back when they didn't have a killflash available (at least in the US), so yeah, the older ones didn't have it, though they do still have the threads.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Previous owner said he has three of them and none came with the kill flash, it's not like he has anything to gain by keeping them - it's a not a well sought after sight.

Other users have said some came with them while others didn't.
View Quote
It was probably ~2014-15 that Meprolight started including the ARD with them.  I bought one in mid 2015 and it came with one btw.  They have (or are, since it's been a while since I checked) introducing an extra screw in polarized filter to work better in different lighting conditions as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes- my first 3 did not have one. But later, as stated above, they started including them. The last 3 I have owned came with them. That being said, I never use it.

They did sell them separately a long time ago. I'll bet you can buy one
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got my Mepro M21 today and it did not include an ARD.  Just the sight, a cover, cleaning cloth, and brush/air bottle combo.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
What year was it made? (serial # has the month and year in it)
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not trying to hijack the thread....

But how are these sights performance wise? Hold up to abuse well? Bet your life on one? (Been considering one.)
View Quote
I've owned mine for several years now. I have the bullseye reticle and for me at least, it works great for quick shots. Easily faster than my ACOG or RMR. 
- Durability - It's been bumped, dropped, gotten gun cleaning solvents on it, etc and it still looks new. I haven't tried smacking it with a hammer or anything intentionally destructive though.
- Complaints - When in a dark area and looking out at something very bright, the reticle will wash out. No issues with it outdoors though. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#12]
This may be just what I'm looking for.  Astigmatism.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This may be just what I'm looking for.  Astigmatism.
View Quote
It's a bastard, ain't it.  I've got to say I really liked the M21 I had.  I'll get another when I'm able, and it showed up without issues against my glasses/astigmatism.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top