Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/14/2017 11:08:10 PM EDT
I am seeing fewer threads on the micros anymore , are they old news?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I must be out of the loop. Whats a better red dot than aimpoint?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
What does it do that MRO doesn't.

I own 2 T1s, prefer the MRO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a dozen of the $20-50 small red dot wannabies, and all of them work in exactly the same fashion as the aimpoint (put a tiny red dot on a target) for so much less that I could probably never break them fast enough to add up to aimpoint prices.  Are you a soldier going to war?  By all means get the best.  All of us non-operators can make due just fine for 10% of the cost...
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Muh parallax.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:33:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a dozen of the $20-50 small red dot wannabies, and all of them work in exactly the same fashion as the aimpoint (put a tiny red dot on a target) for so much less that I could probably never break them fast enough to add up to aimpoint prices.  Are you a soldier going to war?  By all means get the best.  All of us non-operators can make due just fine for 10% of the cost...
View Quote
Oh boy...
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Probably because they are too expensive and many folks see a much better value in the full sized Aimpoints.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 12:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not a bad thing to not see threads regularly... They are boringly reliable, what is there to talk about? Two T2s here, they just flat out work.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd be buying a T2 today if I had the cash or a buyer for my Comp M4. 
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not a bad thing to not see threads regularly... They are boringly reliable, what is there to talk about? Two T2s here, they just flat out work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I own 2 T2s and a T1 and I agree with this assessment. Part of the newer additions to the market like the MRO being popular/talked about a lot  is that it is still relatively new to the market, especially since Trijicon fixed the MRO's teething problems

Quoted:

I still prefer the T2 over any other micro red dot on the market. I will admit though, they are expensive. Me personally I'll take a T2 > Anything else micro as I'm just overall not that overly impressed with the competition to make the switch from aimpoint. One thing I'd like to see though is someone abuse an MRO like the T1 Larry Vickers did in the Daniel defense torture test video. The MRO definitely has it beat on price, but the Aimpoint Micros have a longer track record. I also think a lot of people buy Aimpoint Pros again due to cost, or they prefer the full size models. It's interesting though how many people will spend a good chunk on a rifle like a BCM or DD and cheap out on optics.

I will say though I won't buy anything high-end red dot but an Aimpoint, their customer service is second to none; I traded on of my comp m4's for a T1 and 2 of the mounting screw holes were stripped and the guy didn't tell me, requested an RMA/shipped optic in, two weeks later I had a brand new T1 micro on my doorstep no cost to me, no questions asked, I wasn't the original buyer/owner and no receipt/documentation required. Aimpoint FTW!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
They don't give me a headache after 10 minutes of use like the MRO does.

Although I have several micros the Mepro RDS is growing on me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
You'd have to carry several of those POS optics with you whenever you go shooting.  That way you could switch them out when the mounted ones fails.

I prefer to just use a reliable and durable optic & not have to worry about it falling apart at the worst possible time.  But maybe that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
you trust your life to those?

i wouldnt, i'd rather have irons over cheap optics but of course not everyone thinks like that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

i wouldnt, i'd rather have irons over cheap optics but of course not everyone thinks like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to admit I have some of the $20 redots and they are great for what they are. On my steel challenge rimfire I have one and on my plinker 10/22 I have a gen 1 primary arms. If either of those break I just pull it off and do iron, so no big deal.

For serious guns I have a Aimpoint R-1 and an Eotech 512. If those break the consequences can be higher between a blown hunt or lost gunfight.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#15]
It's because people who really use their gear are busy shooting, rather than posting about how great their cheap POS they never actually use is.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I won't run the H1/T1 anymore since I've upgraded to the T2, but the recently announced CompM5 is pretty much micro sized as well and there seems to be a healthy interest in those.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The people who own them are using them and they work very well.

No news is good news,no need to upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 2:04:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Mine is sitting next to me as I type this on my duty rifle.

Boring optic that simply always works.

I'll keep it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't like buying junk and having to repeatedly troubleshoot/replace/re-zero/etc.  Your money though, do with it as you wish.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
As to OP's question, I still have three of them (T2, T1, and H1) and they all just flat out work.  Not sure what I'm supposed to talk about when it comes to them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I used to buy only aimpoints but there arent any decent sales on them ever anymore.  The prices are totally unreasonable.  I have a few MRO but I have been experimenting with holosun and primary arms red dots
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#23]
T2 if you want the best.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
T2?

Not have blue tint.
Not have magnification from non aspheric lens.
Last more than a month.

T1 is old news. T2 is where it is at. MRO does not hold a candle other than FOV.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#25]
RDS argument time.  Breaking out the popcorn because I have shit else to do on a Friday night other than consume internet drama.  Please.  Carry on.

Space Unicorn - Parry Gripp and Brianne Drouhard
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I own one Primary Arms RDS which is installed on a .22 rimfire. It works fine for range toys. I have lots of quality RDS's devoted to centerfire rifles and shotguns.

If their is anything wrong with Aimpoint micros I haven't experienced it. I personally prefer the Pro's because of the cost and they just feel like a combat optic should. The micros feel more fragile by design.

The new T1's and T2's are just as expensive as Aimpoint's M4's. To me they don't even come close to being comparable. The M4 would be my pick, no question whatsoever.

The micro's only redeeming advantage is weight savings and the ability to use them on a pistol. Their small size is what attracts people to them. My carbines get the size large Aimpoint and EOTech's, the shotgun and G35 sport micros.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#27]
First got mine and turned it on, 4 years later it's still on. Never turned it off. I think I'm going to change the battery tomorrow just for the hell of it. That is the only reason I let go of my Eotech.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The T2 doesn't have blue tint, truer 1x, looks much better, no fish eye effect, and the MRO had like 1000% more parallax, literally...
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I own one Primary Arms RDS which is installed on a .22 rimfire. It works fine for range toys. I have lots of quality RDS's devoted to centerfire rifles and shotguns.

If their is anything wrong with Aimpoint micros I haven't experienced it. I personally prefer the Pro's because of the cost and they just feel like a combat optic should. The micros feel more fragile by design.

The new T1's and T2's are just as expensive as Aimpoint's M4's. To me they don't even come close to being comparable. The M4 would be my pick, no question whatsoever.

The micro's only redeeming advantage is weight savings and the ability to use them on a pistol. Their small size is what attracts people to them. My carbines get the size large Aimpoint and EOTech's, the shotgun and G35 sport micros.
View Quote
Actually, the mount and switch connector for the PRO is its weakness compared to the micros. I would say the M4/S are the most durable followed by the T2/H2 variants.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I like the Aimpoint pro's mount. I remove the spacer for use on my SIG MPX. Perfect height for that application.

I would like a slightly taller spacer option for use on AR-15's.

What do you think is wrong with the switch?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Oh boy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh boy...
Well he is correct for most of us.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like the Aimpoint pro's mount. I remove the spacer for use on my SIG MPX. Perfect height for that application.

View Quote
Mounting solutions plus makes a truer lower 1/3 cowitness spacer for the QRP2 mount. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Edit because tech sorry
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
The control knob is attached to the switch which is decoupled in the M4 update. Impacts to the PRO could cause a shift in the mount.

The PRO is a great value but not a rigged as a micro
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm sure a lot of people are opting for the similar but lower priced Trijicon MRO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Lots of peeps still desire the Aimpoints and are still considered the best. But now that they've been out awhile the fan craze of forums has just gone down. That's all.

They are still considered by many and at large the best Mini in the industry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if it's possible for AP to try and develop a product similar to the PRO for budgets but with the size and capability of a T2. I'd wager that the main reason people even buy the larger ones is the affordability. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Old news, but reliable and great red-dot.  Maybe you don't hear much about them because they are working.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#39]
There's no real reason other than brand name to pay so much for a micro red dot when there are others that do the same thing for much less.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Too expensive for me but I'm not using these for work just as a hobby and zombies... are we still doing zombies or whats the new in thing to shoot?

Ive been very happy with my holosun optic. I can spend 240 on a holosun and the rest on ammo
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Both of my micros are as already stated. Boringly reliable. Enough said.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a T1,T2 & a MRO.
Love them all, of the three I prefer the T2

I do still rock a Comp M4s on my Tavor
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I have one from 2008 still on its original battery. I'm going with boring reliability.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Aimpoints are hands down the best red dot optic on the planet. You don't see many threads about them anymore, because what is there left to say. Exceptional quality, long battery, and they're kinda expensive. That's it. It's just a dot that's red in a high quality optic. The other 2 alternatives have alot to talk about. We could go on for days talking about the different ACOGs out there, and talk for hours about Eotech's problems. Aimpoint's biggest problem is they're almost perfect so there's nothing left to talk about. NOW if Aimpoint adds the Eotech reticle to one of their optics then this forum would light up like a nuclear bomb.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why, because of your erroneous assessment that the T2 is fragile? It's basically weight vs. battery life, and the T2 is no slouch in that department. If shooting both eyes open, objective size has little advantage.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#46]
MRO,T-1,T-2,Comp M3, Comp M4s

Had an Eothing

T-2 and M4s two best red dots on the market the M4s my favorite
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Uh, not break.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#48]
I just bought another T2 to rig up a spare AR.  I love 'em.    I've been using Aimpoints since the Comp M2.  I've Comp M2, M3, M4s, PRO, T1 4moa, 2moa, and now the T2.  I like every new one a little better.  

Just like my Glock 19, every time a new Aimpoint killer comes out, it ends up being anything but.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#49]
hello sir, have you been drinking?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I must be out of the loop. Whats a better red dot than aimpoint?
View Quote
I'm not asking if there is a better option but with the MRO,  SPARC, & OTHER quality options for $200-$300 I am seeing less & less interest in the aim points.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top