Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2017 10:16:04 AM EDT
A BIG shout out to Vortex Optics for standing behind their product. And in this case, the product was made in china & only had the Vortex logo on it. I bought a Crossfire 11 6-18 x 44 from Cabela's & mounted it on my AR 6.5 Grendel. While doing load research, the reticle began to move 30 degrees to the right. CRAP ! 100 rounds of loading & documentation maybe down the drain. I removed the scope from the Rock River mount to find the tube to be collapsed inward. Very weak tube. In fact, their was a small note in the scope box recommending 16 inch lbs of torque on the rings. I figure it was an inherent problem from Chinese junk. Anyway, I sent the scope in to Vortex and whammo, a week later I have a new one. Thank You Vortex. I will not forget.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the same thing happen with a PST I bought off the EE.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Your experience is consistent with everything I've read about Vortex. If it breaks they replace it, no questions asked. And apparently they mean what they say. The way I figure, with a warranty/track record like that, if they built junk they wouldn't be in business for very long. That's what led me to purchase my Vortex Spitfire 3x, Strikefire II, and the VMX-3T magnifier. I am very satisfied with them so far.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Torque wrench, because reasons
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a new Crossfire 2 2-7X scope from a fella here on the EE.  Scope was new in pristine box, no ring marks, with all paperwork, cleaning cloth and caps.  
Mounted it in a 1 piece mount on my rifle and noticed reticle was canted many degrees off center.  Called Vortex and sent scope in on their dime.  Got another new
scope in about a week and it has been dead nuts accurate after zeroing and shooting several hundred rounds so far.  I just bought another Vortex scope, a Diamondback 2-7X and mounted it but haven't zeroed it yet.  I hope I have better luck with this Vortex scope , but I do feel good knowing that it has a lifetime no questions asked warranty,  and terrific Vortex customer service.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I just today bought a Vortex Sparc II based on all the reviews I have read, plus the outstanding warranty.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I know nothing about their warranty.

But I dropped my rifle with Vortex PST 6-24 FFP attached to it from my tree stand on Sunday.

The longest two seconds I’ve ever experienced was watching the muzzle of my loaded rifle fall to the ground.

After I realized it didn’t discharge when it hit the deck, my next concern was that I had broken my new, expensive (to me, at least) scope.

On inspection, there was no visible damage.

Set up a target, and fired a couple rounds and was happy to find that it had maintained its zero.  

Can’t speak to their warranty, but I love the scope.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:19:39 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife scratched my Viper HD binos, didn't affect clarity but irked me.  Sent it in no problem they replaced the lens in less than two weeks, no question asked.  I have several of their PST scopes that I trust.  I have Leupold and Burris but if it's your fault you will pay, not with Vortex.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 50/50 with Vortex right now.

Bought 1 SPARC II, no issues. Sold it a while back as I upgraded to a SPARC AR.
Second SPARC II, had issues, sent it back, they replaced it with a new one. Great. Sold it a while after.
No issues with the SPARC AR at the moment, but only a few hundred rounds with it mounted.
Bought a PST 4-16x50 FFP scope based on my experience with the SPARC II. About 500 rounds through it and the rifle its on, and now the illumination is flickering. Swapped battery, problem still exists. Guess this will be going back tomorrow too.

This last one is really frustrating. No doubt they'll fix it or replace it, but I will miss a low light shoot, not to mention removing it from the mount, removing the bubble level, and 'waste' all the ammo/time/range fees etc. I used getting everything sighted in and trued.

Again, I'm sure they'll take care of it, but 2 for 4 isn't a good track record for me. Will probably look elsewhere on my next purchase, and I was super close to picking up a Viper spotting scope.

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve got a couple of the Gen 1 Viper PSTs. They’ve been good scopes. I’m not had with the steep price increase for the Gen IIs.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Gen 1 PST sfp and Gen 1 Strikefire, love them both.
About to pull the trigger on the 1-6 strike eagle
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had a 1-4x PST and a 4-16x HST start wondering while shooting. You may get some decent partial groups then some crazy "fliers". Yes Vortex will take care of you but their track record with me is not good 2 for 3 variable power scopes go bad in less than 500 rounds.

I am done with Vortex for now unless I try something from the Razor line.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#12]
So kudos to Vortex for standing behind the crap they sold?

I had a bad experience with a SPARC  AR. With any back light over your shoulder the damn thing was useless. Vortex didn't do squat except send it back to me. It was my first and last Vortex product.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#13]
2 ways to look at it. Yes great customer service! However the high end scopes I have I don’t expect to ever have issues with because they are quality scopes. If I do they have warranty also. But probably not as good as vortex warranty....
  They must get them made so cheap that they don’t care if they have to replace a bunch of them for free because it gives them a good name? Which is fine too.
   I like their high end stuff.
My personal experience was that I bought a mid price range scope from them ($6-700) Mounted it sighted it in, then realized the tiny red fiber optic rod that indicates what power setting your on was cracked.
   No big deal. Just for the heck of it I emailed them saying I didn’t care because it didn’t affect anything but wanted to make them aware of it incase there was more out there.
  They wrote back same day and said send it in we will fix it. I replied with no thanks. I just blew some expensive ammo sighting it in and I had a match that coming weekend and needed the scope.
    I thought that was that then I came home from work and there was a brand new scope waiting for me in the mail!!!! There was a letter inside that said something like sorry for the trouble please take this new scope and send us the broken one when u get time back in the included postage paid envelope!
   I couldn’t believe it that they went on good faith that I would send the used one back! That said a lot. Of course I sent it back ASAP.  But really there was no record of the transaction and I could have just kept both. But that would be dishonest. Just staying they took a risk.
   That was probably 4/5 years ago. I still buy there scopes and probably always will.  But to be honest I love some of my leupolds more lol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Same thing as the OP.  Had a weak tube on a diamondback.  Used a torque wrench and didn't overtighten.  Crimped the tube.  Excellent customer service.  Had a new scope in hand very quickly.  Almost all of my scopes are Vortex now.  I love that I don't have to worry about their cs, they're always awesome to deal with.

Side note, I have not had any issues with any of my other Vortex scopes, and I've had quite a few...
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Everytime I read these threads I just cant help but to hear Chris Farleys voice in the back of my head talking about warrantying a box of shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everytime I read these threads I just cant help but to hear Chris Farleys voice in the back of my head talking about warrantying a box of shit.
View Quote
That’s awesome lol
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:40:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just today bought a Vortex Sparc II based on all the reviews I have read, plus the outstanding warranty.
View Quote
Love Mine

Read this -  http://www.recoilweb.com/vortex-sparc-ii-the-dot-that-would-not-die-67267.html

Although I wish I would have spent the money for a variable scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top