Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2017 9:05:40 PM EDT
So I came across this article about the C-8 Micro Dot:

BreachBangClear C-8 Optic

On sale for $200, made in South Korea, specs seem pretty good.

Can't find any other substantial info on the optic. Anyone else know or have experience with one? Is this just another version of the holosun/primary arms micro red dots?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
On the breach bang clear blog site they claim 50K hours on setting 7 but the actual link to the product claims 20K at 7. Which makes me skeptical about the validity of either. 
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the breach bang clear blog site they claim 50K hours on setting 7 but the actual link to the product claims 20K at 7. Which makes me skeptical about the validity of either. 
View Quote
I was JUST asking about this optic this morning. NO they claim 20k at setting 8. The old sight claimed 50k at setting 6. They recently relaunched with the new website and it seems like they are doing tweaks to the website daily. Settings 7-11 are for regular use and setting 12 is for extremely bright backdrops in combination with the dot. I emailed them for awhile today, and there is a bit of a language barrier. It is a south Korean company working in tandem with a US distributor. I have a feeling they outsourced the dial and purposely didn't redesign it in an effort to help keep cost down.

https://www.tjuludesign.com/c-8-mras

frankly it does something no other 200-300 dollar sight does right now, combines decent battery life with being submersible. I am going to pull the trigger on one in a few weeks and do a review. I've been looking at replacing my rm06 for something different and didn't see the purpose of going with an aimpoint micro for 600 bucks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't waste your money. Spend a little more and get an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I was JUST asking about this optic this morning. NO they claim 20k at setting 8. The old sight claimed 50k at setting 7. They recently relaunched with the new website and it seems like they are doing tweaks to the website daily. Settings 7-11 are for regular use and setting 12 is for extremely bright backdrops in combination with the dot. I emailed them for awhile today, and there is a bit of a language barrier. It is a south Korean company working in tandem with a US distributor. I have a feeling they outsourced the dial and purposely didn't redesign it in an effort to help keep cost down.

https://www.tjuludesign.com/c-8-mras

frankly it does something no other 200-300 dollar sight does right now, combines decent battery life with being submersible. I am going to pull the trigger on one in a few weeks and do a review. I've been looking at replacing my rm06 for something different and didn't see the purpose of going with an aimpoint micro for 600 bucks.
View Quote
Are you saying I'm incorrect or the website misquoted?

20,000 + Hr at mid level(Lv. 7)
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:56:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Are you saying I'm incorrect or the website misquoted?

20,000 + Hr at mid level(Lv. 7)
View Quote
ACCORDING to them (yeah I know) the website didn't translate as smoothly as they'd had hoped. It is supposed to be 20k at lv 7.

According to him the new website and old website are linked and the new one is still pulling some info off the old one which is causing some issues

I think I'm gonna pick one up and give it a shot in a couple weeks and do a pretty strong/harsh review of it.

Edit::: I just noticed I fat fingered an 8 in my original post.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ACCORDING to them (yeah I know) the website didn't translate as smoothly as they'd had hoped. It is supposed to be 20k at lv 7.

According to him the new website and old website are linked and the new one is still pulling some info off the old one which is causing some issues

I think I'm gonna pick one up and give it a shot in a couple weeks and do a pretty strong/harsh review of it.

View Quote
Ah I see now. Did you email them? I'm curious if there's any good reason for their claim to "mil-spec". I mean good stuff has come out of SK (look at Dong Optical) and it is entirely possible that they could very well have supplied some to SK military. I want to believe everything the website says but how can they sell a T1 style sight to "mil spec" for around $300?

One thing that does catch my attention is the temperature rating. -35 C translates to -31F according to Google, the PA MDADS isn't rated for as low as a temp and nor are the Holosuns. I haven't looked at the Sig Romeo series because I figured they were the same product as the Holosun and PA. The thing about temps for me is that I want red dot optics capable of performing in the worst conditions I may face. I do frequently see -20 temps were I live (as if my screen name didn't give that away). It does look like it could be a potentially different product because it doesn't just copy the Holosun data. The only other complaint I have about the PA MDADS product I have used is the red/orange tint to it. It created weird reflections onto the lenses for me. If this sight was capable of duty grade abuse and operated as advertised and had closer to T1 glass (slight bluing barely noticeable) shit I'd be a buyer. 
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I did email them. They said they use mil std 810F as their guide.

The Rep also stated that the sight will hold zero outside of recommended operating temp but battery life will be seriously affected.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 6:06:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
If it gets a good review, I will buy one to try.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:11:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't waste your money. Spend a little more and get an Aimpoint.
View Quote
Three things in life don't try and save money on:

1 firearms/accessories
2 condoms
3 parachutes
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Warranty?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
So  emailed these guys , considering testing one out. They just replied to my question about their warranty and they say it has a 1 year warranty. 
Not really sure I want to even bother trying it anymore. 
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So  emailed these guys , considering testing one out. They just replied to my question about their warranty and they say it has a 1 year warranty. 
View Quote
Wow, I'd rather buy a cheap Primary Arms dot instead.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
To be fair didn't primary arms have a limited warranty? But honestly from what I recall, they have excellent CS. They even serviced really old stuff that wasn't covered by warranty. No idea about this new company..
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top