User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#1]
My review of the UH-1 FWIW:

Vortex AMG UH-1Holographic Sight: Better Than An EOTech?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine also came in earlier this week. Haven't had it out at the range yet, but initial impressions look positive. It doesn't seem to have the early production reticle blooming or any other issue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#3]
So can anyone confirm that it is not NV capabale??  That's a deal breaker for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Vortex and have a couple of their optics on my AR's but I think I'll wait for the second generation before buying this unit. It appears that, at the very least, there are some valid performance shortcomings/issues associated with this version. If history is any indicator, Vortex seems to be pretty good at ironing out any performance problems (Strikefire/StrikefireII) the second time at bat.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my UH-1 now and it's very nice, no reticle bloom at all. I like that it is very crisp with my astigmatism, I have had no luck with red dots or prism sights, unless they are etched reticles. I have a Hartman MH1 coming in the mail soon, can't wait to compare the two sights.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I used my UH1 shooting Steel Challenge this weekend in PCC division.  

I'm going to go back to the Razor red dot. I like the UH1 field of view but the reticle is too busy for me for speed work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Got mine on this weekend. Thanks Vortex!
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok Vortex I just ordered my UH-1 From Brownells.
Fingers Crossed they don't screw up shipping it somehow and it is not destroyed when it gets here. Bolt Group I ordered last year meet up with my stock wrench while in the box repeatedly neither were in wrap bolt carrier took the abuse.
Fingers Crossed its a good one.
Fingers Crossed I like It.
Fingers Crossed!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone gotten a scope cover for their UH-1? What brand and what size works? I'm guessing something from Scopecoat, but I have no idea which one would be most compatible. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 12:21:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Just need to attach my sling and buy a light and BUIS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I love how the Cut out on the adjustment dials is the exact size for a quarter. Not smaller, or larger, exact.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So can anyone confirm that it is not NV capabale??  That's a deal breaker for me.
View Quote
Interested as well.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interested as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interested as well.
Unfortunately, no it isn't. I had it out last weekend and mounted my gen 3 PVS-14 behind it, and at the lowest setting it was too bright, way too much reticle bloom to the point that it may have even kicked in the ABC. There is no way you will see your target. I tried it helmet mounted and again, the reticle was way too bright and the target was obscured. It's a shame as that's the only negative thing I have to say about this sight, otherwise I love it. I really wish this had an NV setting like the Eotech that this replaced.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, no it isn't. I had it out last weekend and mounted my gen 3 PVS-14 behind it, and at the lowest setting it was too bright, way too much reticle bloom to the point that it may have even kicked in the ABC. There is no way you will see your target. I tried it helmet mounted and again, the reticle was way too bright and the target was obscured. It's a shame as that's the only negative thing I have to say about this sight, otherwise I love it. I really wish this had an NV setting like the Eotech that this replaced.
View Quote
Vortex will probably add this feature...

to the Gen 2 version of this optic.  
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top