BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Posted: 11/22/2016 7:23:44 AM EDT
Blog post

Meet the Razor® AMG® UN-1, affectionately known in-house as “Huey.”  The UH-1 is a completely new force in weapon mounted holographic technology, and you’re one of the first to see it! Inside the durable aluminum chassis the UH-1 features fewer moving parts compared to traditional holographic sights, which equates to maximum durability. The sight is powered with the included CR123A battery, but also has the option of running LFP CR123A’s, which can be recharged using the on-board, waterproof micro-USB port. We believe the shooter is the only one who should see the new EBR-CQB reticle so we engineered the entire system to virtually eliminate all traces of forward signature, unlike any other red dot or holographic sight on the market.
View Quote

Got this in an email. Who else is excited?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Came here just to see if I was the only one interested.  I do wonder if anyone proofread the email, though.  We have it called the "UN-1" in the first sentence and the "UH-1" in the second.  

I was planning on buying another Mepro Tru-Dot but the price seems to have gone up $125 since last year, and the website now says "no sales or promotions".  So much for another Mepro Black Friday.  Hopefully this UN/H-1 drops this week with a decent price point and specs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm intrigued
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm intrigued
View Quote

What's the reticle look like?

Battery life? Water proof? NVG compatible model?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm intrigued

You know as much as everyone else at this point lol. This thread and the blog I linked to are the only google results.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Hoping it's an EOtech with decent battery life that won't shit the bed.

That being said..... Built in USB charging port sounds a bit too China to me. I know on ecigs, the built in usb charging is supposedly dangerous to use.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Ant wait to hear more.  With it being part of the AMG line I'd expect a rather large price tag...we shall see
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in as long as the forward signature is less than the sparc AR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here, let me help you with that Reuben!  

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNHtal9D7m6/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-RJ

Cool. Depending on price and battery life I'd be in for two or three. I'd like to see a year minimum on a battery and no more than $400.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool. Depending on price and battery life I'd be in for two or three. I'd like to see a year minimum on a battery and no more than $400.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-RJ

Probably going to be closer to $600

I can't see anything Vortex labeled 'Razor AMG' coming in at $400 to the end user.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I can't see anything Vortex labeled 'Razor AMG' coming in at $400 to the end user.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-RJ

A man can dream.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:40:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy craps something that can compete with the damned Eotech? I guarantee if you dropped a price point people would be putting in deposits or preorders.
Interestingly if you look beneath the buttons it says UX-1 unless I'm misreading it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a 300BLK SBR that would be a good host for this optic.  

Any idea what the lens size is compared to the EOTech?  It looks smaller, but that's just judging off a single picture...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I need to get my agency to test one. Looks promising.
View Quote

EoTech killer

Want to put one on the Benelli M2 see how she'll do...
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry for the blurry photo - I can assure you it says UH-1.
View Quote

Could be my phone too.
If you guys need to do some thermal drift tests send one to me. I'm sure it'll get cold enough in Jan up here to test it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm excited about this but want to know the msrp before I get too worked up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm wondering why Vortex went with a longer "tube" design over the "window" design of an Eotech or RMR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
How is it with astigmatism?  Same as other red dots?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How is it with astigmatism?  Same as other red dots?
View Quote

It is holographic so it should work like EoTech's which is much better than Aimpoint for me.  I still use Aimpoint's though since I don't trust an EoTech.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm wondering why Vortex went with a longer "tube" design over the "window" design of an Eotech or RMR.
View Quote

I'm guessing that's how they "eliminated almost all traces of forward signature"

At the expense of the FOV
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No, we didn't sacrifice any FOV in this sight. Eliminating forward signature is achieved by other means. It's hard to judge from the released picture.  

More details will be coming, but I think people are going to be very pleased with the performance of this sight...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing that's how they "eliminated almost all traces of forward signature"

No, we didn't sacrifice any FOV in this sight. Eliminating forward signature is achieved by other means. It's hard to judge from the released picture.  

More details will be coming, but I think people are going to be very pleased with the performance of this sight...

What about price point? Many of us cant spend 500 bucks on a RDS. The 'Razor' part makes me think this will be 400 bucks or more. Can you give us a ball park? Or something to compare it to price wise?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Convince me quick. I'm about to buy a Mepro Tru Dot RDS. Pics of what you actually see when viewing the target ect
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Convince me quick. I'm about to buy a Mepro Tru Dot RDS. Pics of what you actually see when viewing the target ect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View the link the Vortex guys shared. It looks close to an Eotech.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a magnified image, but what you actually see.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm hoping it's under $500, I'd REALLY like one, but I have a hard time justifying the high end stuff for my uses.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Will this also be compatible with vmx3t magnifier?
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Well, wasn't expecting this when I logged on this evening.

Great to see HWS moving forward after the EoTech debacle. Looking forward to the specs, and hoping that this isn't something that's teased and then takes 2 SHOT shows before it hits the shelf!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Not much for the paint scheme but if it comes in black I will have one, i have been missing my eotech and dont like looking through a tube so as long as it comes in close to or under pricing of an eotech im in
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm pessimisticly optimistic about this.  I definitely like the battery choice.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your FOV is at least as good as my 558, I would be willing to consider switching over.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I will be willing to give this a try... When eotech had the buy back based on the issues I had with my 512 model I sent it back for a check and went out bought a holosun to try. Missing the big FOV I went out and bought a lightly used exps3 that sat on a gun in a safe for a year or two. Shortly after having the exps3 I started to experience the well known reticle fade. Eotech has been great to me and I live the product but if vortex is able to come up with a solution I will be jumping ship.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm jazzed about this!  I'm looking to pick up a Razor shortly and after these come out,  I may make the switch on my SBR.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#40]
The evasion on the price questions leads me to believe it will be yet another RDS/Holo that's just too damned expensive.

I guess we will see.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not trying to be evasive. I just don't want to jump the gun on that info before our dealers have it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The evasion on the price questions leads me to believe it will be yet another RDS/Holo that's just too damned expensive.

I guess we will see.
Not trying to be evasive. I just don't want to jump the gun on that info before our dealers have it.

I saw the MAP posted by a dealer on another forum.

If he was accurate I will be selling my Aimpoint's as I don't like the comets I get with them.

I really like the Gen II Razor that I have on my AIAT too!

You guys have really won me over in the last couple of years and it all started when you called my friend on a Saturday to help him with zeroing his new Razor.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Vortex

Any chance of a Razor "Spitfire" optic in the future? 1,3, or 4x? Something to compete with the Acog.

I would love something like a true 1x Razor prism optic.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:42:20 PM EDT
[#44]

If MAP is 499 as rumored  Im out.

300-350 max is my price point. With the tech and advancement we have today, etc.... EOtechs are what, 400 now? Mepros are commonly 350, MRO's are on sale for 400 or so.

Shame. I really want a circle dot in the 300-350 price range for my SBR. at 500 bucks there are a whole host of things that are nice. I just cant see spending that on a red dot, when a steiner or any number of nice, hardened 1-4s will do so much.

This thing would kill the market at 300-350 bucks if it held zero and had no goofy issues. Theres just too much else out there when you get up over that.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:52:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm very optimistic that availability will be early 2017.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, wasn't expecting this when I logged on this evening.

Great to see HWS moving forward after the EoTech debacle. Looking forward to the specs, and hoping that this isn't something that's teased and then takes 2 SHOT shows before it hits the shelf!
I'm very optimistic that availability will be early 2017.
Magpul "early 2017"?

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm even more interested in the battery life.

I currently have a Sig Arms Romeo 4c which has a 50,000 hour battery life; after which it can still be used under bright light with the backup fiber optic system.  And I can switch between a simple dot or a reticle similar to the Eotech.

And THAT is a Hard performance goal to beat!

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah but is it FBI certified?
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

-RJ
View Quote

Link is not good. It wants me to sign up to see anything.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 12:55:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If MAP is 499 as rumored  Im out.

300-350 max is my price point. With the tech and advancement we have today, etc.... EOtechs are what, 400 now? Only their 512. And how old is that now? Mepros are commonly 350, $450. And fuck Mako. MRO's are on sale for 400 or so. $500 regularly
View Quote

I think $500 (if true) would be awesome.

The AMG tag on it implies it's USA made. I doubt you'll find another USA made red dot with that kind of warranty for under $500.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-RJ

Works for me. Looks like this
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 20
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top