Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2016 12:06:02 PM EDT
Just curious if other companies have disclosed this, specifically Aimpoint.

I had a EOTech that had bad drift.  A co-worker forwarded me a email that had a letter from Trijicon saying the MRO does have an average drift of 1.1 MOA.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just curious if other companies have disclosed this, specifically Aimpoint.

I had a EOTech that had bad drift.  A co-worker forwarded me a email that had a letter from Trijicon saying the MRO does have an average drift of 1.1 MOA.

Anyone?
View Quote

Ive been noticing a trend recently where products are listing parallax specs where they werent before but i havent seen anything about drift.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly? Probably all of them. Materials change dimensions with changes in temperatures.
linky

That being said, these shifts are not likely to be noticed during normal operations. Without an independent test, there's really no way of knowing. If I had to guess, I'd say the issue with EOTech was exacerbated by the polymer construction of the sights (strictly a guess, no knowledge in the field).
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for starting the thread. I dropped Trijicon an email asking them about this so will post it here, if I get a response.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
" />
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I also requested testing results from AimPoint but haven't heard back. If someone gets something in writing, please post it here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a thorough and comprehensible answer to me. I'd like to see if Aimpoint answers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got a response back from AimPoint.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got a response back from AimPoint.

http://i.imgur.com/WgLN4OY.png?1
View Quote

Construction wise I don't see how the MRO is so different than an Aimpoint. At those temps (extreme hot and colds) materials change shape, expand and contract. How could any optic not suffer from at least a minimal amount of drift.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Just for completeness sake...I also asked for comprehensive testing results in the same pattern as that Trijicon letter. Here was the response:

"We have not done any kind of letter. The environmental specifications for our sights are stated in our user manuals shipped with the sights and posted on our website.  All Aimpoint sights are guaranteed to function normally within designee parameters.  

Regards
John"
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 12:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Just for completeness sake...I also asked for comprehensive testing results in the same pattern as that Trijicon letter. Here was the response:

"We have not done any kind of letter. The environmental specifications for our sights are stated in our user manuals shipped with the sights and posted on our website.  All Aimpoint sights are guaranteed to function normally within designee parameters.  

Regards

John"
View Quote

I'm sure it has some drift. That's expected with electronics, and anything going from hot to cold for that matter.. It's probably negligible enough for them not to publish the info.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm sure it has some drift. That's expected with electronics, and anything going from how to cold for that matter.. It's probably negligible enough for them not to publish the info.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards
John"

I'm sure it has some drift. That's expected with electronics, and anything going from how to cold for that matter.. It's probably negligible enough for them not to publish the info.

Exactly, but I like how Trijicon is up front and honest about theirs even as negligible as it is. I'm glad I bought American
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly, but I like how Trijicon is up front and honest about theirs even as negligible as it is. I'm glad I bought American
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Regards
John"

This right here. That's a guy in marketing, not the project engineer or manager.  That's an email from some sales guy not on a company letterhead. Who knows if he's even authorized to comment. I'm also glad I bought American. I'm not worried about 1.1 moa.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top