User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 28
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How many of you guys have valid issues and how many are just cashing in? Just qurious.
View Quote
As noted above a lot. Mine delaminated a couple of years ago. I asked about sending it back for repair and they said it was too old. But they would sell me a new one for $295.
I tossed it in the junk pile till all this came out.
Sent it back with receipt in January, never called them, and got refund FOR WHAT I PAID FOR IT, about 5 weeks later.
Still think it's the fastest Optic available.
Fwiw
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my check today
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Got my check today
View Quote
Got mine three days ago.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like I missed out on this batch.  Lady told me it was going to be in the next week or two a little over two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Got my check yesterday
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I never actually sent one in, are they still issuing refunds on pre-11/15 optics?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I never actually sent one in, are they still issuing refunds on pre-11/15 optics?
View Quote
It appears they are.

https://secureforms.heffler.com/DynamicForms2/131/Form/99c3d815-395a-45eb-a924-43e87954529d
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:37:39 AM EDT
[#8]
So we have until 23 May 2017 at 23:59 to get them all in. (Per that link.)

Appreciate the info!
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I may finally end up sending my Eotech in. Problem is I also bought a G33 magnifier for my EXPS 2-0. Will they accept returns/refunds for the magnifier too?
I don't think I bought them at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I called EOTech today and they have my optic and my check would be sent out today.  The person on the phone sed to expect within 7 to 10 business days. let's see I will post when I get my check
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Returning a XPS2 Manf 9/2012 requesting $550

Return Requested: 2/20/17
Return Authorized: 2/21/17
Optic Shipped: 2/24/17
Optic Delivered to EOTech: 2/27/17
Confirmation of receipt: 3-24-17
Check received: TBD

I called EOTech today and they have my optic and my check would be sent out today.  The person on the phone sed to expect within 7 to 10 business days. let's see I will post when I get my check
still waiting on my check
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone get a check lately? I'm waiting on a check for 2. Returned mid February.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Are they not accepting refunds anymore? Seems like when you fill out their RMA form, if you completely spell the word "refund" in the description of failure box, the 'submit' button disappears.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How many of you guys have valid issues and how many are just cashing in? Just qurious.
View Quote
My sight worked fine for about seven years, then started fading quickly whenever you turned it on. I tried cleaning the battery contacts with no improvement. I went overseas for a year before I got a chance to send it in, and then Eotech decided to send out refunds so I went that route. As someone else posted, still the fastest reticle I've ever seen. If I find a deal on one, I would buy again.

Oddly, yesterday I received a flier in the mail asking if I wanted to join the class action suit against Eotech.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Request sent 3/1/17 HHSII
Approval 3/2/17
Sent 3/31/17
Eotech received sight 4/5/17
Eotech sent the check 7/7/17
Refund received TBD
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I filled out a refund request back in Aug 2016. I set the optic aside and pretty much forgot about it, occasionally remembering I still have it and then forget about it again when something more pressing come along.

After I got the postcard last week regarding the settlement I emailed on Fri the 14th asking if I could still return it or did I need to contact the Foster class action people ?  

I got a email back today, Easter Sunday about 1pm PST, letting me know I could send it back directly to Eotech for the refund, just follow the instructions in the email and do it ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Currently waiting on one sent in  2-8-17. I assume check should come along shortly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#17]
So it looks like I missed out on getting my refund directly from L3.  Has anyone sent theirs in through the class action suit?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So it looks like I missed out on getting my refund directly from L3.  Has anyone sent theirs in through the class action suit?
View Quote
I'm sending mine tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sent mine Last week to the Settlement Address.    This is number two for me (the first was sent to L-3)    My recent one ESXP2 was De-laminating
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Received check today, was submitted mid February
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I might be a little lost on this...not on the forums much...and basically just found out today about the Eotech buy back. I could not find anything at all on the Eotech website so I called Eotech and a recording referred me to the Heffler Claims - Foster Settlement website to submit my claim.

http://www.fostersettlement.com

I have a 512.A56 and a EXSP2-0 I bought in Aug 2014.

I submitted my claim forms on the Heffler website but am confused about sending in the Eotech HWS. The Heffler Website says claims will be paid after the court settlement and that could take a year or so. It also said to send the Eotech HWS into Eotech.

I certainly just do not want to blindly send Eotech my 512 and XPS2 with out a RA# for proof and I certainly do not want to be with out these sites for a year or more.

What is everyone doing?...And does anyone have a contact to Eotech to talk to someone or th Heffler Claims form group?

Very confused, Mike
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I called EOTech to day and they have  my optic and my check would be sent out to day.  The person on the phone sed to expect within 7 to 10 business days. lets see i will post when i get my check
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Returning a XPS2 Manf 9/2012 requesting $550

Return Requested: 2/20/17
Return Authorized: 2/21/17
Optic Shipped: 2/24/17
Optic Delivered to EOTech: 2/27/17
Confirmation of receipt: 3-24-17
Check received: 4-24-17

I called EOTech to day and they have  my optic and my check would be sent out to day.  The person on the phone sed to expect within 7 to 10 business days. lets see i will post when i get my check
got my check to day
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Sent mine in mid February, just received check 4/24.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Request sent 3/1/17
Approval 3/2/17
Sent 3/3/17
Refund received 4/25/17
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:51:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Currently waiting on one sent in  2-8-17. I assume check should come along shortly.
View Quote
Check received 4-25-17 , very happy I got this completed without the hassle of the class action lawsuit.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Did you receive any confirmation from the law firm about your claim?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sent mine Last week to the Settlement Address.    This is number two for me (the first was sent to L-3)    My recent one ESXP2 was De-laminating
View Quote
Did you receive any confirmation on your claim?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did you receive any confirmation on your claim?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I might be a little lost on this...not on the forums much...and basically just found out today about the Eotech buy back. I could not find anything at all on the Eotech website so I called Eotech and a recording referred me to the Heffler Claims - Foster Settlement website to submit my claim.

http://www.fostersettlement.com

I have a 512.A56 and a EXSP2-0 I bought in Aug 2014.

I submitted my claim forms on the Heffler website but am confused about sending in the Eotech HWS. The Heffler Website says claims will be paid after the court settlement and that could take a year or so. It also said to send the Eotech HWS into Eotech.

I certainly just do not want to blindly send Eotech my 512 and XPS2 with out a RA# for proof and I certainly do not want to be with out these sites for a year or more.

What is everyone doing?...And does anyone have a contact to Eotech to talk to someone or th Heffler Claims form group?

Very confused, Mike
View Quote
Same here. Confused about sending this in.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Sent 2 into settlement claim office. No confirmation, none really expected. Hopefully results in July. FYI: this is from the settlement site.

23. WHEN AND WHERE WILL THE COURT DECIDE WHETHER TO APPROVE THE SETTLEMENT?

Answer:

The Court will hold a Fairness Hearing at 9:00 a.m. on June 30, 2017, (the “Fairness Hearing Date”), at the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri, Court Room No. 7D, 400 E 9th Street, Kansas City, MO 64106.  At the Fairness Hearing, the Court will consider whether the proposed Settlement is fair, reasonable, and adequate.   The Court will also consider Class Counsel’s request for fees, costs and expenses.

If there are objections to the Settlement, the Court will consider them.   After the Fairness Hearing, the Court will decide whether to approve the Settlement and how much to award to Class Counsel as fees, costs, and expenses.

The Fairness Hearing may be moved to a different date, time, or location without additional notice, so it is recommended that you periodically check this website for updated information.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#31]
I filed for refund through the class action suit site (after Eotech shut off refunds directly) , but I haven't heard anything back.  What should I be expecting or should be doing?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:31:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I filed for refund through the class action suit site (after Eotech shut off refunds directly) , but I haven't heard anything back.  What should I be expecting or should be doing?
View Quote
I did the same thing, I have no idea what to be expecting from this. Any updates or checks received?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Any new updates for those that filed just before the deadline?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I just saw where the court approved the settlement on the 7th.  I'm guessing that means checks will be going out soon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I just saw where the court approved the settlement on the 7th.  I'm guessing that means checks will be going out soon.
View Quote
Thanks for the update! I was starting to get nervous.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
http://www.eotechlawsuit.com/FinalApprovalOrder.pdf
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I filled out a refund request back in Aug 2016. I set the optic aside and pretty much forgot about it, occasionally remembering I still have it and then forget about it again when something more pressing come along.

After I got the postcard last week regarding the settlement I emailed on Fri the 14th asking if I could still return it or did I need to contact the Foster class action people ?  

I got a email back today, Easter Sunday about 1pm PST, letting me know I could send it back directly to Eotech for the refund, just follow the instructions in the email and do it ASAP.
View Quote
My check arrived from Eotech last week.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump. Anyone heard anything? I have verified that Foster has my optic, they mentioned that they should be sending checks out shortly.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Filed and mailed my optic May 23rd.

Nothing yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I contacted EOTech about returning my SU-231 for an exchange for a new sight, its a 2007 model, they offered me %50 off a new one. It wasnt even six month ago that they did a complete exchange for my department, we got new EXPS3, item for item. What the hell. Is there another avenue I can take or is %50 the only route?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I contacted EOTech about returning my SU-231 for an exchange for a new sight, its a 2007 model, they offered me %50 off a new one. It wasnt even six month ago that they did a complete exchange for my department, we got new EXPS3, item for item. What the hell. Is there another avenue I can take or is %50 the only route?
View Quote
You're a few months past any deadlines, it was pretty solid of them to give you the option of 50% off.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Ten4. Thanks. I'll email them back and make the deal.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#44]
So my buddy has an eotech that he's just now getting around to refunding. (I know) He asked me to send it back for him. I go to eotechs website, fill out the form and there's no submit button? What fuckery is this?
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So my buddy has an eotech that he's just now getting around to refunding. (I know) He asked me to send it back for him. I go to eotechs website, fill out the form and there's no submit button? What fuckery is this?
View Quote
Read the thread. The refund return ended after the lawsuit was filed. I think the lawsuit is closed now to new claimants.
Probably want to email the law group and see if there is anything left over for new class members or email eotech about a partial trade like a few posts up from yours.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#46]
I just called Heffler Claims Group and they said check in again in two months.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Read the thread. The refund return ended after the lawsuit was filed. I think the lawsuit is closed now to new claimants.
Probably want to email the law group and see if there is anything left over for new class members or email eotech about a partial trade like a few posts up from yours.
View Quote
Ahh, makes sense. Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
was this for the refund check or to see if you can send in new claims? 
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Refund check. My optic and claim were sent in before the deadline.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
2 more months?  That sucks.
Page / 28
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top