Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2010 6:49:53 PM EDT
I have a PA micro dot, (T1) clone... I mounted it forward on my rail just because that's what I see. But I'm sure theres an actual reason for this. Should it be mounted as far forward as possible? Is it bad to say mount it right in front of the rear BUS?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#1]
It's really user preference IMO. I mount mine at T12 a little forward/on top of the shell ejection port. My reasons are mainly due to the fact that I also use a QD 3X magnifier on occasion.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]

I've since taken off the front vert grip, But as of right now this is my optic set up..... I've been debating on getting a RBUIS and taking off the handle. I eventually want to get a 16inc and set this back to stock.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have to go with the group....mount it where it is best for you and where your field of view is correct for YOU...
I mount my Burris XTS on a LaRue 150 just short of the end of the receiver rail.....but that is me....

It is all up to you.....
SASS
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
There have been a few threads about this lately, and really all the points said are 'user preferences'.

A lot of guys like to have their red-dots as far forewards as they can, so they can use magnifiers or night-vision monoculars, so thats just how they like em on all their guns.

Just put it wherever is comfortable for you!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top