Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:09:24 PM EDT
hi guys, im looking for a low power scope for a carbine, and am leaning towards the millett 1-4 dms scope. it falls well within the budget, and will leave some for a good (larue) qd setup. does anyone have any experience with this optic? or advice for another in a similar price bracket. i cant afford a nightforce, or anything like that, but SwFA has the millett for 200 bucks. thanks, in advance, tm
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:15:28 PM EDT
There is an 80+ page thread on the DMS-1 somewhere around here. Some like it (me) and some don't, but it is about the standard to which other 1-4X budget scopes are judged. The SWFA + PEPR is a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:55:49 AM EDT
This scope is very much worth it. I got it as a starter scope to determine if I wanted to go RDS (1x) or ACOG (4x) in the future. Mine sits in a ADM recon mount which is a little cheaper than the Larue mounts. For a 200 dollar optic, that thing seems to take some abuse such as getting banged around in the back of a jeep. The only downside Ive noticed is battery life isnt that impressive but I run full power all the time. The upside is it doesnt nesecarily need one. hope this was helpful.

-KV
Top Top