Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 1:29:25 PM EDT
I need a scope for my ACR and the Elcan is on my short list. I know the earlier models had some shift and mounting issues, but the word is they're fixed. Many say ARMS sux...
I'm hearing rumors of Gen II and Gen III scopes being released on a limited basis, in FDE color?
Are there any differences in these Gen II, III scopes besides the colors?

Eotech XPS is also on my list, but is limited in it's use.

Trijicon TA11 H-G 3.5X35

Swarovski Z6 1.7-10x42 L

Zeiss Diavari Victory T* LT 1.5-6x42

Is the Elcan really worth the $$ or is it overpriced for what it offers?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the latest generation one in FDE a couple mounts ago;

Honestly,  I would rather have an ACOG.

The "1x" red dot sucks. All the eye relief problems, etc of a scope. An aimpoint it is not.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the ACOG's have only about 1.9" or 2.4" of eye relief and the SpectreDR is 2.75" (70mm).
Which is more forgiving as far as head placement?

The TA33G-H looks promising too,but it says it has, "long eye relief" at only 1.9".

You'd think the Spectre's longer eye relief and selectable 1-4X would make it preferable to the ACOG if weren't for the price difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
1x eye placement is not forgiving, like an aimpoint. Thats my biggest complaint.

As a 4x scope, its great.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top