Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2010 7:56:34 AM EDT
I'm planning on getting a PA mini dot and would like to mount it on a KAC Aimpoint T-1/H-1 or L T Aimpoint Micro Mount LT751. My first choice would be the KAC but I can't find a source and if they're double the cost of the LT I'll probably go with the latter. These are purely aesthetic choices as I'm sure there are other less expensive mounts but I'm really not in love with the boxxy look.
Will a PA first mount on these two AP mounts and where can I find the KAC mount?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Not a fan of the boxy look? Uhh, really?
No offense, but I'd put aesthetics aside for another hobby.

The LaRue mount provides reliable solution.  It's tough and dependable... and the return to zero ability is unsurpassed.

KAC has a nice mount too, but it's not one I'd move from gun to gun.  You said you can't find a source, but I saw it on their website the other day for 30% off.

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, I don't know if they fit the PA RDS.  Curious.. If you trying to save money, why not use a cheaper mount too?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The LaRue mount provides reliable solution.  It's tough and dependable... and the return to zero ability is unsurpassed.

KAC has a nice mount too, but it's not one I'd move from gun to gun.  You said you can't find a source, but I saw it on their website the other day for 30% off.

Hope that helps.

It's hardly a 'hobby' but anyway...No, I don't want to buy something that I'll have to look at everyday that I don't like anymore than I'd approach a girl with a bulbous snout.

I'll re check KAC's site, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Also, I don't know if they fit the PA RDS.  Curious.. If you trying to save money, why not use a cheaper mount too?

I dunno know either. I would figure when cloning the AP it's mounting platform would interact with AP mounts.

Aesthetics. If the KACs are way higher than the cost of the RD itself than I'll go cheaper but there may come a day when I pony up for the Aimpoint if the PA takes a dump and I don't want an el cheapo mount under it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helps.

It's hardly a 'hobby' but anyway...No, I don't want to buy something that I'll have to look at everyday that I don't like anymore than I'd approach a girl with a bulbous snout.

Hardly a hobby, yet you look at it everyday?!

I guess your a professional then (LE or related).  If that's the case, I'd suggest going with a real Aimpoint micro.

Just sayin ;)

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope that helps.

Hardly a hobby, yet you look at it everyday?!

I guess your a professional then (LE or related).  If that's the case, I'd suggest going with a real Aimpoint micro.

Just sayin ;)

Actually, I manage a ranch and the AR goes with me everywhere.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top