Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
I'm currently running a cut down A2 carry handle sight on my AR (18" barrel, rifle length gas).  I've been using it for a couple months and have really only used the small aperture.  I'm about to shoot in my first 3 gun match so I thought the large aperture would be quicker at shorter ranges.  I went to the range to sight it in and I found that when I flip over to the large aperture I'm experiencing a huge windage shift - 2 or 3 inches at 25 yards.  Is that normal, and is there any fix for it besides buying a new sight?  I'm planning on switching to a 1-4x scope and backup folding sight eventually, so new gear will be the ultimate fix, but I'm wondering if there's anything cheap and quick I can do in the meantime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
did you do the cut down? was it good prior to cutdown.....? could be a poorly cast aperture. could be a visual trick....your eyes could be playing tricks on you while looking through the larger aperture....

Be sure of your sight picture.

change sights.

thats the best I can do.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope, I bought it already cut down.  You're right, it could just be a visual trick.  Just looking at it with the naked eye it doesn't seem to move when I flip it.  Guess I should break out the calipers and check it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top