Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 5:16:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 5:17:17 PM EDT by alemonkey]
I'm currently running a cut down A2 carry handle sight on my AR (18" barrel, rifle length gas). I've been using it for a couple months and have really only used the small aperture. I'm about to shoot in my first 3 gun match so I thought the large aperture would be quicker at shorter ranges. I went to the range to sight it in and I found that when I flip over to the large aperture I'm experiencing a huge windage shift - 2 or 3 inches at 25 yards. Is that normal, and is there any fix for it besides buying a new sight? I'm planning on switching to a 1-4x scope and backup folding sight eventually, so new gear will be the ultimate fix, but I'm wondering if there's anything cheap and quick I can do in the meantime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:46:19 PM EDT
did you do the cut down? was it good prior to cutdown.....? could be a poorly cast aperture. could be a visual trick....your eyes could be playing tricks on you while looking through the larger aperture....

Be sure of your sight picture.

change sights.

thats the best I can do.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:09:47 PM EDT
Nope, I bought it already cut down. You're right, it could just be a visual trick. Just looking at it with the naked eye it doesn't seem to move when I flip it. Guess I should break out the calipers and check it.
Top Top