Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:37:10 PM EDT
I have both but have used the rifle sporting the PA mount very little.  The AR equipped with the Burris PEPR has been very satisfactory.  Like I said, I have not used the PA mount enough to evaluate it.  I need a couple more mounts and don't know weather to go with PAs or Burris's.  What's your preference and why.  Thanks Mike
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#1]
They both seem like the same quality to me.  The burris looks better, the PA is a little lighter.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
After much debate and close examination, I went with the PEPR. I like the fact that it has a slightly larger rail on top. Granted it's only one more bar (two indents versus the one on the PA mount) but I feel it gives my mini red dot that I mount on top a little more real-estate to grab onto.

If you have no plans to mount a mini\micro red dot at the 12oclock position on top, I might go with the PA mount to save a little weight.

But I do love the look of the PEPR mount.

MP
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can wait, I would wait for SWFA re-release of their "SSALT" mount. Basically the same as the Burris mount but without the goofy rails on top and with inserts which allow you to use either a 1" or 30mm scope. The new version should have more room between rings which will make it more flexible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#4]
So how much longer till the SWFA SSALT mount comes out?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So how much longer till the SWFA SSALT mount comes out?

I emailed them a few times about maybe 3-4 months ago and they were finalizing/approving pre-production samples. The first was rejected and revisions made. The last I heard they were expecting to release them well over a month ago. I don't see them out yet.

I got tired of waiting and picked up the PA mount. I like it a lot. It is lightweight, seems well built, very close to my LT mounts as far as important dimensions, and the biggest plus for me is that railed ring caps are optional, not the only option, like the Burris. The option of free 1" inserts is nice too!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I am using the PA on my 308, with a redfield scope, and a PA microdot on top.
It's solid as a rock. I love the look of the PEPR, might get one. Right now I am wishing that a QD version was available.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top