Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:21:12 PM EDT
I'm interested in what my options are for a Red Dot sight in the $200 range. I've looked at the Vortex Sparc and Lucid HD7, but I was wondering if there are other quality options available.

Maybe next year I'll get an Aimpoint or EoTech, and move this cheaper version to the shotgun, but for now I have very limited funds available.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:07 PM EDT
I think Burris has the Speed Dot, and millet may a version also at reasonable prices, and I do believe Bushnell has a EOtech version for under 250.00. and the Trophy Series.

And Primary Arms make some pretty good cheap Red Dots also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:03:13 PM EDT
Keep an eye out on craigslist. I've been able to nab several RDS's at a great price. In particular, I got two Trijicon reflex sights for $200 a piece and a Burris FastFire II for $75.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:18:56 PM EDT
Thanks I'll check out the Burris and keep an eye out on Craigslist. Last I heard the Bushnell version of the Eotech was no longer being made.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Decidion:
Thanks I'll check out the Burris and keep an eye out on Craigslist. Last I heard the Bushnell version of the Eotech was no longer being made.

I have seen several online, but in realtree and maybe in OEM OS, prices were from 209.00 to 249.00 depending on which web site. Sorry I do not have the names but you can Google it.

Burris fastfire 2 is a pretty decent sight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:05:16 PM EDT
I'll have to suggest the PA micro. The mini dots just are not rugged due to the design... the PA is tough enough to withstand some serious use. Only $100 also.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:53:23 AM EDT
+1 on the Primary Arms Red Dots, good deal for under $100.00
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:20:02 PM EDT
Check out TNVC's RDP II. Well within your price range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:33:53 PM EDT
The Lucid had the potential to be a great sight, but they design is flawed in two ways. First, it should be lower, to allow an absolute co-witness. You can always ad a spacer to make a sight higher, but you cannot low the lucid.

Second, a couple of the reticule choices are useless and should be eliminated in favor of a ballistic reticule with 4 and 5 hundred meter aiming points, like the Eotech Ballistic reticule.

If they did this, they might sell me one. I like the auto brightness, and the aaa battery.
Top Top