Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:33:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 1:34:45 AM EDT by Znak]
I'm building a 20" AR and am starting the search for relatively inexpensive optics. What do yall think about this one: POSP 4-12x42 or possibly this one: POSP 6x42. I realize putting it on an AR is ironic but don't want to spend $1k+ for optics on a $1k rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:13:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 5:15:34 AM EDT by putiton11]
i bought one for my ak 74 6X i dont think you will like it i dont know if i was adjusting it correctly or what but the reticule was high and to the right when it was zeroed in at 100YD's and was not NOT anywhere near the center of the scope the bullet drop compensator really moved down a lot when you clicked it out to 500 yards and beyond the reticule moved to the lower part of the scope better ask at the AK forum if your set on getting one , i ended selling mine on ebay for a loss just to get rid of it in a hurry .mine did have the integrated scope rail ak 74 clamp
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:05:41 AM EDT
I have quite a bit of experience with POSPs on AKs. They are tough scopes with decent glass but somewhat crude by western standards. As previously mentioned, the reticle moves within the FOV as you make adjustments, don't be surprised if your reticle is off-center when you've finished sighting in. By all means stick with the Pro line if you get one, the finer adjustment turrets are well worth it. Personally, I am fine with POSPs on my AKs but would never consider one for any of my ARs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:20:07 AM EDT
don't want to spend $1k+ for optics on a $1k rifle.

Good glass costs money. A good rule of thumb concerning magnified optics, is that your glass should cost at least as much as the gun its going on. Until recently, the rule was the glass should be twice, but cheap optics have gotten better.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:53:59 AM EDT
you are asking for the fail boat going this route. The optics cost around 200 new, for that you could be in for one of these
http://www.millettsights.com/scopes/dms/
Hit up the EE or classifieds....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:36:30 AM EDT
Thank you guys for your advice. I guess I'll get a Millet.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:58:18 AM EDT
you do realize you could get a super sniper in 6x or 10 for 299.00 . check out swfa
Top Top