Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/11/2006 9:15:39 AM EDT
I'm thinking about getting one of these for several reasons.

1. I remove my optic when cleaning my rifle because I don't want to accidentally hit it with CLP.
2. I want a very sturdy attachment on the rifle and don't want to loktite the screw for reason mentioned above.

I've also heard of and seen pictures of guys' optics laying on the ground because they fell off the rifle when they came loose from recoil.

My concern is that the accucam seems to stick out quite a lot from the eotech which already sticks out a lot from the receiver. It looks like it would catch on stuff (belt, chest rig, armor, etc.) not to mention jabbing my midsection like my tactical latch. Also, I've heard that the accucam doesn't retain a good zero. True? I'm not looking for .000001 MOA. I'm no Jedi Delta Sniper (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight). I just want it to have good accuracy out to 200 meters or so.

So, bearing all this in mind, is it worth the price of admission?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 9:30:41 AM EDT
I have two EOTechs that I've installed Accucams on. I have had no problems (in admittedly light use ) with mine. They don't catch on stuff because when it's fully closed, the finger loop is "closed" too.

It's held zero well in both .308 and .223 applications.

YMMV. I like mine a lot and while I'd still gasp at the exorbitant price, I'd do it again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:01:12 AM EDT
I don't own one yet, but i've used them. they work great. I will be ordering one for my eotech here shortly. i would recomend one. but remember they only work with certin models.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:15:47 PM EDT
Mine works perfectly and does return to zero.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:43:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 5:44:09 PM EDT by Glock_10mm]
I like mine alot, but it does catch on stuff, which I fixed with a loop made of paracord, to plug the gap.

I really think they should've put the lever on the other side!

They advertise removing and reinstalling and being within 1/2 M.O.A.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:31:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:50:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
The one new-argirl has isnt returning to zero so well.

Nothing says 'Love' like "LaRue"
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:58:40 AM EDT
I've been using one for awhile now, to include some of those "high speed" classes where you shoot all day. It's never gotten caught up in my gear and never given me any accuracy/return to zero issues.

I'm very pleased and would not hesitate to purchase another.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 1:45:03 PM EDT by arvarmint]
Hello,

I started using a GG&G accucam with my Eotech. It worked fine.

Then I realized that I wanted the Eotech a little higher (for cheekweld, personal preference), so I mounted it onto a Larue, while still keeping the GG&G lever on the sight. I didn't want to go through the steps to remove the GG&G lever and replace it with the original screw.

So now I have both a GG&G and a Larue on the Eotech. I have all sorts of ways to get the thing on and off my rifle. It looks kind of "mall ninja" to have both adapters on the sight.hinking.gif

Just so you know, I use the Larue mechanism to remove and replace the sight, and it is holding its point of impact pretty well (no discernable different at 35 yards).

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:46:45 PM EDT
+1 on the cam...

Excellent construction, holds zero, easy operation.

I'd buy another one if I had the need.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:47:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:14:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By new-arguy:
Those of you with the AccuCams that have been working well... How long have you had them? Have you had many chances to reconfirm zero after removing the optic? We bought one of the very first ones to come out and have had to substantially rezero the gun at least twice.

Bought both of mine early last year, installed per instructions (loctite, etc.) and removed and installed several times.

I am taking one of them back out on Friday; I'll note if anything untoward happens.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:45:59 PM EDT
I stopped using mine and got a Larue set up. My old one would shift 0 by about 1.5 inches at 50 yards on the lateral plane. The optic was also fast to come off the rifle but slow to line up and put back on. I think the Larue mount is far better and I like the fact it sits a tad higher. I did not think I would at first but I like the sights being in the lower 1/3 of the window now I leave my back up iron sight in the up position so I just lower my cheek weld slightly if my optic goes down.
Pat
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:30:18 AM EDT
I have yet to see the Larue mount that keeps getting mentioned. One of the reasons I like the idea of the accucam is that it doesn't raise the optic. I'm not so sure that I want to raise it, but when considering something like this, it's best to check out all options. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find a Larue mount? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:10:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By clasky:
I have yet to see the Larue mount that keeps getting mentioned. One of the reasons I like the idea of the accucam is that it doesn't raise the optic. I'm not so sure that I want to raise it, but when considering something like this, it's best to check out all options. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find a Larue mount? Thanks

Wes has them in stock Here.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:57:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Glockfan:
I stopped using mine and got a Larue set up. My old one would shift 0 by about 1.5 inches at 50 yards on the lateral plane. The optic was also fast to come off the rifle but slow to line up and put back on. I think the Larue mount is far better and I like the fact it sits a tad higher. I did not think I would at first but I like the sights being in the lower 1/3 of the window now I leave my back up iron sight in the up position so I just lower my cheek weld slightly if my optic goes down.
Pat

Just curious, did the EOTech wobble a lot? Did yours start out solid and then loosen up over time/rounds fired? I want to know specifically what to watch for.

FWIW Mine are rock solid. I tightened them to the point where it took some effort to get the latch closed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:12:45 AM EDT
No wobble was tight just did not return to 0 as well as I wanted. It was also hard to get on the rifle it had ot be perfectly lined up. Not sure why it was so finicky.
Pat
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:22:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 223Rem:

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/large/LaRueEoTec-1.jpg

My problem is the mini rail on the Larue taking up space needed by my LMT BUIS. I sold the Larue and got the Accucam. Works fine for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:55:06 AM EDT

No wobble was tight just did not return to 0 as well as I wanted. It was also hard to get on the rifle it had ot be perfectly lined up. Not sure why it was so finicky.
Pat

Hard to get on the rifle... wouldn't that be the case no matter if you were using an Accucam or the standard crossbolt?

If it was tight but didn't return to zero, isn't that more a problem of lining it up the same every time? I wonder if there is a problem with the rail being out of spec?

Just strange- again, no flame, just trying to narrow things down.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:53:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DonD:

Originally Posted By 223Rem:

photos.imageevent.com/smglee/mstn/large/LaRueEoTec-1.jpg

My problem is the mini rail on the Larue taking up space needed by my LMT BUIS. I sold the Larue and got the Accucam. Works fine for me.

See that was your mistake. You're supposed to use the LaRue BUIS too.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 1:49:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By macman37:

Pat

Hard to get on the rifle... wouldn't that be the case no matter if you were using an Accucam or the standard crossbolt?

If it was tight but didn't return to zero, isn't that more a problem of lining it up the same every time? I wonder if there is a problem with the rail being out of spec?

Just strange- again, no flame, just trying to narrow things down.

The sight had to be rocked on from right to left and it if you did not place it perfectly it would not lock in. It was very frustrating trying to change sigths in a hurry with the Accucam. The Larue mounts go on easy with no fuss.
Pat
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:27:46 PM EDT
I love my accucam. It fits real tight and I have almost no problems it returning to zero and I take it off often for cleaning and what not. I don't care for the raised larue mount, but I haven't used one regularly. The weapon it's mounted on hangs from a single point sling and I have yet to snag the accucam on anything (belts and shirts) even with heavy use. I think it's standard if I get another eotech IMHO. Got it over a year ago.

Monoskier
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:50:15 PM EDT
No Larue BUIS for me thanks. They make good scope mounts and rails but my BUIS I`ll get from someone else like LMT or Troy.
Top Top