Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:19:07 PM EDT
I just bought a RRA Elite CAR A4, my first AR. I will be plinking and shooting the occassional coyote and hog. I have looked thru an EOtech and like the feel but am not sure if it would be good on small game like a coyote out 200 yards. I have only read about the IOR which seems to get good reviews. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:47 PM EDT
They are very different (red dot versus scope). I have an EoTech on one AR and a 1.25-4x Leupy on the other. I like shooting the EoTech MUCH more than the Leupy. It's a hassle in quick shooting situations to get your eye-ball lined up with the scope, whereas it's a piece of cake to site with the EoTech.

Verdict, EoTech as first choice, hands down.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:56:02 AM EDT
I would probably have to disagree and say go with the IOR. Fory my type of shooting, which sounds a whole lot like yours, i would definetely prefer something with a little magnification. Nothing against the eotech, just think the IOR would serve you purpose a little better. The IOR M2 is also an excellent scope and would be a less expensive alternative, but no variable magnification.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
You might want to consider the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4. It has a triangle (amber or red) for the aiming reticle. I have one on my Recce Carbine and I'm very pleased with it. I know Steve aka bigbore at ADCO firearms carries them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:22:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DJH-1:
I would probably have to disagree and say go with the IOR. Fory my type of shooting, which sounds a whole lot like yours, i would definetely prefer something with a little magnification. Nothing against the eotech, just think the IOR would serve you purpose a little better. The IOR M2 is also an excellent scope and would be a less expensive alternative, but no variable magnification.

+1

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:50:39 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking into the IOR or similar scope. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:49:27 AM EDT
hey CS gun works, I am trying to find that leopold scope on your website. what model number is it ? I can;t seem to locate it.

thanks
Top Top