Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 6:19:07 PM EDT
I just bought a RRA Elite CAR A4, my first AR.  I will be plinking and shooting the occassional coyote and hog.  I have looked thru an EOtech and like the feel but am not sure if it would be good on small game like a coyote out 200 yards.  I have only read about the IOR which seems to get good reviews.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:13:47 PM EDT
[#1]
They are very different (red dot versus scope).  I have an EoTech on one AR and a 1.25-4x Leupy on the other.  I like shooting the EoTech MUCH more than the Leupy.  It's a hassle in quick shooting situations to get your eye-ball lined up with the scope, whereas it's a piece of cake to site with the EoTech.

Verdict, EoTech as first choice, hands down.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I would probably have to disagree and say go with the IOR. Fory my type of shooting, which sounds a whole lot like yours, i would definetely prefer something with a little magnification. Nothing against the eotech, just think the IOR would serve you purpose a little better. The IOR M2 is also an excellent scope and would be a less expensive alternative, but no variable magnification.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#4]
You might want to consider the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4.  It has a triangle (amber or red) for the aiming reticle. I have one on my Recce Carbine and I'm very pleased with it.  I know Steve aka bigbore at ADCO firearms carries them.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would probably have to disagree and say go with the IOR. Fory my type of shooting, which sounds a whole lot like yours, i would definetely prefer something with a little magnification. Nothing against the eotech, just think the IOR would serve you purpose a little better. The IOR M2 is also an excellent scope and would be a less expensive alternative, but no variable magnification.

+1

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  I'll be looking into the IOR or similar scope.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
hey CS gun works, I am trying to find that leopold scope on your website.  what model number is it ?  I can;t seem to locate it.

thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top