Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/1/2006 12:35:52 PM EDT
I have a Colt C More now but would like to update. What is the best all around sight for the AR 15?
Thanks Bruce
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:30:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 3:31:06 PM EDT by dxdgenert]
Depends... The EOTech, Tiji Reflex and Aimpoint compare more favorably. The Triji ACOG is a completely different animal. If you meant the Reflex, then I would say the better is the Aimpoint. I had an EOTech and an M2 and just decided last week to keep the M2 and ditch the 551 that I had. Don't get me wrong, both were great optics but I just felt more comfortable and shot better with the Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:03:58 PM EDT
Most of the members here are using Aimpoint and EOTech for all around use.

I have both Aimpoint M2 and EOTech 551 and I like them both but for different uses.

My EOTech is mostly used in close ranges because it have a large 65 MOA ring that is easy to point plus it have a 1 MOA dot for longer ranges.

I like to use my Aimpoint for medium ranges it's just my own personal preference, I have been a long time Aimpoint user since the 90's.

Both brands have non-NV and NV models and as for battery life the Aimpoint have longer life.

Most members are saying that the dot Trijicon Reflex are not bright enough but they also have a new generation of the TriPower that was improved from the previous generation model.

I'm tempted to try the new gen TriPower next time I buy a dot sight.

Try to take a look at these dot sights in person so you could decide which ones you like.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:16:08 PM EDT
Depends what you want/need out of your optic.

Personally I can't justify the cost of an ACOG for a fixed 4X scope (maybe the BAC setups). I'd rather spend the $ on an IOR 1-5 illum CQB and a case of ammo.....

My eotech gets me out to 300 just fine, and if I need more, I have other options (and doubts of the 5.56's terminal energy anyway).

Just my opinion I could be wrong.
Top Top