Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 3:15:34 PM EDT
Hello Fellow Shooters...

A buddy of mine purchased a MaTech BUIS from a gun show and can't figure out how to open or raise the rear sight.

I have experince with ARMs (pull back the spring loaded catch) and KAC (Raise the sight) but know know nothing about MaTechs.

I have noticed that other's have posted that the MaTechs seem to be "delicate".

Any pointers for my buddy regarding how this sight works.

Any .PDF of sight settings or such?

thanks

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
push up to make it flip up and push it back down to get it back down.  It is supposed to be a "quick backup"...
It will take some pressure 5lbs
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
dont overtighten the clamping bolt, some have broke theirs, it doesnt take much to make it tight.  the flip up site has a small detent that holds it down, once you flip it up( push up real hard) you will see it and how the spring pressure pushes the site against the detent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Mine seemed really stuck at first, after a few times...it flips up easily.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the insights.

My buddies seemed STUCK down, but now that he knows to just push up on it, he won't be freaked out that he will bust the sight.

I have heard on the AR boards that the Matechs seem a bit "fragile"....

Any comments?

Thanks

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top