Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/31/2006 12:23:46 PM EDT
lemme start off by saying that im not completely retarded....
I was practicing my double tap today, and i finished off a mag and went to look at my target. I pointed the barrel towards the groung and herd something slide. "Huh?" i said looking for what made the noise, thought it was my charging handle, nope. oh well went to put a bead on the target and my BUIS was 4 inches forward of where its supposed to be. shit, i was gonna tighten the nut real quick, "WTF!!" nut is gone and bolt is on the ground......

So here is my delima, you think ARMS will replace the missing thumb screw for my #40 or should i just buy a better BUIS???

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Give ARMS a call and see. I know your not the first person that this has happened to.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The word your looking for is LOC-TITE... That is why your sight fell off and no other reason

Anything with a screw that is bolted to your weapon needs Loc-tite.. you got a cheap leasson.
call then and they will fix you up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:13:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The word your looking for is LOC-TITE... That is why your sight fell off and no other reason

Anything with a screw that is bolted to your weapon needs Loc-tite.. you got a cheap leasson.
call then and they will fix you up.

Ditto Harv's comments.   Screws on firearms require LocTite or staking.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the Loctite; put a dab of non-permanent Loctite (blue) and that should keep the BUIS in place.

Another +1 on calling ARMS about a replacement nut for your #40; they are pretty decent about that.

I really see no reason for you to replace your BUIS, ARMS is a great company with awesome products in stock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#6]
In times like this I ask, "What would Grant do?"
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Had great service from ARMS when I had a similar situation involving 2 screws for an m68 mount.  I tried to pay them and they wouldn't take it.  They were at my home in few days.

As an aside, when I purchased a ARMS 40 recently, it included a small tube of loctite.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.aa-ok.com/13-2.jpg

Yes just make sure you use the blue as it is removable.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Who, the General? Didn't think they had BUIS's back then.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"That's what happens with an Arms mount.... should have bought the superior Larue BUIS"

And he would be right.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw the title about a BUIS falling off, and thought to myself.... "10 bucks says it is an ARMS and the guy didnt loc-tite it"

I love my ARMS backups - have them on two weapons.  But I could tell just by looking at them (and the countless threads here) they, like any optic mount, need a touch of removable loctite.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I only have about 1Krds through my middy I built back in October that has an ARMS 40 on it. I used the purple Loc-Tite that was included with the site and haven't had a single problem.

A little would help you as well when you get the little nut for it.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I saw the title about a BUIS falling off, and thought to myself.... "10 bucks says it is an ARMS and the guy didnt loc-tite it"

ditto
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#14]
my arms #40 came with a small squeeze bag of locktite. didnt yours?
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ditto

Even though I no longer use ARMS, a big +1. As said for years, if it retained by a non-tensioned screw, LOCTITE the SOB.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
thanks, Im dumb.... No loctite came with the rifle with the #40 already on it...

Stag Arms 15L 2L

CXS
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ditto

Double-ditto

Quoted:

Quoted:

"That's what happens with an Arms mount.... should have bought the superior Larue BUIS"

And he would be right.

I didn't know LaRue made a folding BUIS.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Like my arms 40 with HORIZON 5/6oom Notch!
it sit on my LMT fired  never fell off yet?

Always check AR when cleaning!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#19]
should have used loctite.

call arms and get a new screw or sell it to me for $25
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]

thanks, Im dumb.... No loctite came with the rifle with the #40 already on it...

Stag Arms 15L 2L

CXS

Yes, you are dumb.

You're supposed to take everything that is screwed on to your new rifle and remove it, so you can Loc Tite it.

You didn't know this???
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I think STAG should of done it!
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think STAG should of done it!

Yep.  With all the #40s they sell, they probably have a vat full of little loctite tubes.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually I think Grant would also recommend using Loctite and I also think he would tell that to anyone he sold one to since he does stock ARMS 40s, and for a competitive price too.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:11:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Well I called ARMS today and they are sending me the missing nut. She was more than willing to send me one... I offered to pay shipping and she refused...

Excellent Customer Service!!!!

CXS
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Well I called ARMS today and they are sending me the missing nut. She was more than willing to send me one... I offered to pay shipping and she refused...

Excellent Customer Service!!!!

CXS

That's great that ARMS will do that. But I think Stag should have done it. Did you call the dealer that sold you the upper, or Stag? No flame intended, but I'd make the dealer that installed it take the hit, not ARMS.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I love my ARMS backups - have them on two weapons.  But I could tell just by looking at them (and the countless threads here) they, like any optic mount, need a touch of removable loctite.

Same here +1. The sight comes with Loc-tite when new in the box. Yep every sight I add to any gun get some blue Loc-tite. OUT. Tuna
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#27]
There was a little yellow envelope on my front porch when i got home today, inside was 2 new screws and a "tube" of loctite. great customer service on the part of ARMS. only took 2 days to get to me. well time to hit the range again..

CXS
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I hate it when I get my schwartz twisted!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Did you use the loctite now
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top