Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 9:04:43 AM EDT
I just got my first Aimpoint. While I'm used to leveling the crosshairs of traditional scopes, I don't know quite what to do with this sight.

Do I need to "level" the Aimpoint so that the adjustment knobs are exactly at 12 o'clock and 3 o'clock?

How do you do it?

If I'm being too anal about this, just tell me?

Thanks in advance,

JerryinPA
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:07:29 AM EDT
Stick a "string-level" (from hardware store) on the flats of the upper and the top of your Aimpoint and when both match, (are level) ya should be good to go......

Mike

ps - works well for aligning scopes to bolt rifles too....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:08:34 AM EDT
I don't think it has to be perfectly level or anywhere near it.

I had a CompM and the military instructions said nothing much about leveling, but did mention making a reference mark agains the QRP mount and the body of the Aimpoint for future reference.

You could put your AR15 in a vice and set a small level on your flattop to make sure it's level and then mount the Aimpoint mount and then the Aimpoint. I believe you should be able to find a flat spot on the side or top of all Aimpoints where you could then use the level to get very very close.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:28:37 AM EDT
just level it by eye and it will be fine. I have had 2 different Aimpoints and never a single problem leveling them that way
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:57:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
Stick a "string-level" (from hardware store) on the flats of the upper and the top of your Aimpoint and when both match, (are level) ya should be good to go......

Mike

ps - works well for aligning scopes to bolt rifles too....

+1
That's the way I sight-in optics. Works great!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:16:28 PM EDT
Having the Aimpoint rotated in the mount only affects how confusing it is to zero. Once zeroed, the orientation makes no differnce.
Top Top