Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:52:49 AM EDT
Burris has a couple of interesting scope models.  (Short mags and some scout models)  They are an unknown to me.  Anyone have good or bad experiences to share?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There TATICAL red dot looks good for the price?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used Burris scopes for some time, and own both their 1" and 30mm as well as fixed and variable scopes.  They are tough as nails, and will do the job for a lot less money.  

Best scope for the money.  Unless you have extra $$ to spend on the big boys!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one for my 629PP smith and I found the workmanship a little sloppy.
It wasn't on the outside but the inside of the scope.
After I got it home I noticed the internal threads had a huge burr that got over looked during assembly?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 4X Compact on one rifle. Excellent.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 3-9x40 Fullfield II LRS on my SPR-Thing. Crystal-clear glass and very bright, with an easy-to-use bullet-drop ("ballistic plex") reticle. My only gripes are that the w/e adjustments are slotted and require the use of a coin or tool, and the illuminated reticle only has two brightness settings, neither of which are bright enough for daylight use. Had I to do it over again, I'd skip the lit reticle and use the savings to buy a pair of Stoney Point external adjustment knobs.

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:00:35 AM EDT
[#6]
They are my preferred scope for hunting rifles as I don't care to spend the $$ to get Leupold.  I think Burris has the best quality for the money, but also realize that each of us looks at that differently.  I'll be buying more Burris scopes.

dvo
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
leupold vx3 is sharp and cristle clear, perfect for a long range varmint scope

burris FF2 and bright, very bright, and work great for a low light hunting scope.  I can see better thru my burris scopes when dark than i can w/ my own eyes.  I cant even see out of my leupolds.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Their Fullfield IIs are supposedly the best scopes in the under $200 range. Very bright and clear.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had one for eight years that I've carried almost every day.  (Family has a cattle ranch.)  It began by riding on a mini-14 for 6 years and spent the last two on an flattop AR.  No problems, Very accurate, very tough.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Fullfield II and a XTC, both awesome scopes so far. The Fullfield has been dropped a few times and the XTC is doing great under the PSS.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one their Scout Scopes forward mounted on a lever action .308 (Win. Model 88) and I love it!

It's been though 5 hard hunting seasons (has the scares to prove it) and it's still going strong.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#12]
burris is one of the best scopes u can buy imo. i have 2 a 6-24 signature on a colt 6724 , a 6-24 black diamond on a sav 308 . used them for about 8 years now.The signature is praire dog vet. one trip it and a leupy 4.5-14 tac road around on the floor board of the jeep(rifles were wrapped in a blanket) had to rezero the leupy the burris was dead on. that happened a few times and yes the rings and bases were tight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top