Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:39:09 AM EDT
I would like to mount a BUIS with Trijicon inserts .  Which BUIS would you use?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
A rear sight? Don't do it--the light will be too bright and you will have a hard time seeing your front sight.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would also install Trijicon front insert.  I'm just trying to figure out which BUIS would accept the Trijicon front and rear set.  I had a YHM flip up rear but sold it towards another BUIS.  The YHM was just plain iron sites.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't waste your time on the rear bearing Tritium... your eye is to close to the rear sight and it will just be a blurry blob.(Ask me how I know this)
Stick with just the front sight being tritium and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't waste your time on the rear bearing Tritium... your eye is to close to the rear sight and it will just be a blurry blob.(Ask me how I know this)
Stick with just the front sight being tritium and you'll be fine.

What he said.  Getting a BUIS with tritium will make no functional difference, and will only raise the price.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had rifles with both.

Having the rears made me FEEL better, but when it came down to it, my eye lined up 99% of the time perfectly anyway.

I just double checked against the rears, which cause me to loose focus on the threat.

Keep some black tape handy if you have NVG's.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Holding an M16A1 with iron sights on a barricaded suspect for over two hours in poor lighting was not fun, especially when I could not see the front sight.  Oh yeah, he was also firing rounds off in the back of the house.  The guy gave up when SWAT showed up.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]
jfk, what county are you in? I met a deputy in Ventura one time, named Doug something. He carried an M16A1. They wouldn't let him modify it at all.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
San Joaquin.  Our Dept. issued M16A1 is nuetered and has semi parts in it, which is okay.  It needs a light, tritium sights, and a better sling set-up.  I'm glad we have the rifles but last months incident was an eye opener with the rifle.  My own personal gear is better but Dept. policy reigns supreme.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Add another vote for putting the front tritium sight in and leaving the rear alone.

Woody
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you;d be willing to consider it, I believe a tritium front sight by itself would be just as useful in your situation.

Agree. You ONLY need the front sight post to have Tritium.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
+1 for just the front.  The rear tritium dots are distracting on an AR.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay, which BUIS for my gun (my personal AR).
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I am partial to Troy flip sights and LaRue fixed sights, although others work too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I use the ARMS.  Locks down with a lever that's easy to throw and the sight is spring loaded to pop up when it is released.

Woody
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top