Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 10:39:26 AM EDT
Went last weekend to zero my new TA01NSN which I installed on one of Bravos' new BCM M4 uppers. As range is not my favorite I set-up at the 50 yard line and had the RO stick a few shoot-n'sees on their lousy targets for me so I'd have a good POA.

Fired 5 rounds (slowly) of Q3131A at 50 yards to see where I was scope wise, POI was about 1" high of POA and dead on for windage, (group was about 1" or less).

Fired 5 rounds (slowly) of BH 77grn SMKs, ended up with 4 rounds in one hole and one flier (operator error), about .75" high of POA and again dead online for windage.

Fired 5 rounds (slowly) of BH 75grn match HPBT, ended up with slightly larger one hole 5 shot group about .75" high of POA.

Packed up rifle and left, never even took a scope elevation or windage cap off the ACOG.

Do most ACOGs come ready to mount and pre-zeroed?

I think I'm already wishing I'd have snagged one of these optics long ago.....

Mike

ps - fwiw, next time I'm up at the farm I'll get her nailed down at the proper meter ranges for my SHTF round ,but she's certainly good enough for around the house use, just wanted to know if this is a common experience w/ ACOGs.

estute Houstonians will note where I was by the (slowly) comments......
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Carter's Country
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine was way off when I first sighted it in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:08:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carter's Country

No their bad, but there's worse around town here.....

Here's another hint: This is a 2 seconds between shots range, or your outta there....

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top