Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 7:30:56 AM EDT
Ok I have a ARMS on my old well used try new stuff rifle.  Right now its a #45M whats the difference between that and the #50M?  It says slim line but how much slimmer?  It also says its bilevel but my 45 can be if I un pin the upper forward rail.   I know there are better rails but for this rifle its hard to beat.   Plus right now the flash hider is permant so that does in alot rails.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
the 45m has a straight railed top and when you remove the front section it doesnt have rails.

the 50 has two levels of rail along with a add-on for the lower portion making it like the 45.

the difference in thickness is like 1/2 to an inch difference imo. there are also other freefloats out there that dont require removal of the fsb.

troy
samson
midwest industries
think the new vltor as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you think of the new Vltor?  I like the ARMS on this rifle though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
dont really like the way the vltor looks, i like the arms set up as well.

i own the #46 and the #50
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:32:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
the 45m has a straight railed top and when you remove the front section it doesnt have rails.

the 50 has two levels of rail along with a add-on for the lower portion making it like the 45.

the difference in thickness is like 1/2 to an inch difference imo. there are also other freefloats out there that dont require removal of the fsb.

troy
samson
midwest industries
think the new vltor as well.

Aren't the troy and samson essentialy the same thing, just marked differently?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top