Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:33:48 AM EDT
Anything good or bad to say about the Leupold 1-3x14 Mark 4 CQ/T Riflescope? It's going to be used on a M4A3 Bushmaster at ranges upto 100 yards.

Ty
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Here is my .02 cents

The CQ/T is very good scope. I have one and the only complaint I have is the size of the dot is too large. At 100 yards the dot is the same size as a clay target (about three inches). If I were to buy another one I would get the newer Special Purpose Reticle. If you like Aim Points meaning if you like dot style reticles then the standard Circle Dot reticle is the one you will want. I have shot using Aim Points and EO Techs and I prefer the Leupold CQ/T over the other two.

Some will argue that the 14mm objective is too small. I have a TA31 Acog and the leupold is brighter. I have no reason to complain about anything that works.

I think you will be happy with the CQ/T should you decide to get one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here is my .02 cents

The CQ/T is very good scope. I have one and the only complaint I have is the size of the dot is too large. At 100 yards the dot is the same size as a clay target (about three inches). If I were to buy another one I would get the newer Special Purpose Reticle. If you like Aim Points meaning if you like dot style reticles then the standard Circle Dot reticle is the one you will want. I have shot using Aim Points and EO Techs and I prefer the Leupold CQ/T over the other two.

Some will argue that the 14mm objective is too small. I have a TA31 Acog and the leupold is brighter. I have no reason to complain about anything that works.

I think you will be happy with the CQ/T should you decide to get one.

+1.  I had one myself and I didn't like the fact that it had no BDC marks on the reticle or BDC Cams on the turrets.  If Leupold did come up with the SPR reticle for the CQT scope, then it is a good deal.  I got rid of mine becasue I wanted more magnification and the BDC part.  You also have to consider what you want the scope for.  If it is just for plinking, hunting, or target shooting, you might want to go a different route.  If you are using it for LE or Military, it is a good choice since it is built like a tank and you have the variable power.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:09:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I use it on my 308 Bushy and nothing important to complain about and with that a pic whore opportunity
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top