Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:51:09 PM EDT
Hello,  I have a Bushy A3 with a 4x Hakko scope (made to mount on the AR15 carry) with illuminated reticle.  The scope is great up to around 50 meters, but on out it's very, very hard for me to see the targets.
I have almost decided on either the Leupold VXIII  4.5x14, 50mm with HDuplex reticle or the VXIII 4.5x14, 50mm with illuminated reticle.  However, today I tried mounting the scopes with just weaver rings on the flatbed of the rifle and the scope  was way too low for me to get my eye down low enough to even get a sight picture.  
I'm not sure where to go from here so I thought I would ask you guy's for suggestions.  The scope  has to be pretty high for me to use because of my eyesight.  Do they make really good handle/carry  mounts  that don't work loose and allow you some wiggle room with the rings so you can move the scope back some to get the correct eye relief with the but extended?   Or mounts and rings for the flatbed that would bring the scope up?
Anyway, all your advice and suggestions are welcome and needed.   hanks,Jim

PS.  Have any of you guy's ever heard of the SLZ Weapons Sight Polarizer Filters?  They look impressive, but they say they only sell to LE and military.  Just curious!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top