Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT
Ok, I just picked up my first black rifle, a Panther AR Lite from a gun show. At one of the booths I found this scope:
www.drbnightvision.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/152
The guy selling them told me that it mounts easily on the carry handle. I was wondering if any of you have a scope mounted on the handle of your AR, if so how does it work for you?
The scope itself seemed nice enough, all the buttons & dials, illuminated red reticle. I'm not trying to make a sniper rifle here, thats going to be my Remington down the road... I just want to be able to do a real nice group with my latest toy
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
... if so how does it work for you? ...

Crappy the ballistics suck IMHO.  Having a 4" Height over bore produces a rainbow like trajectory.

The only 2 scopes I'll put on a carry handle are Compact ACOGs and Colt Scopes.  Both a are compact scopes with built in mounts that keep their heigh over bore more reasonable (3" range).
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i use an arms mount w/3-9x40 simmions mounted w/low rings on my carry handle, it works well enough to hit groundhogs and prarie dogs past 300 meters i would prefer the optic a bit lower but i like my sturdy irons that won't fall off or get lost and i mostly shoot prone. this is a multi. use weapon and versitilty is important on this one but if i planned on using an optic most of the time i'd probally go w/a flatop. imho
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I mounted a scope to my carry handle for one trip to the range.  Didn't care for the height of it.

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Had a 3-9 compact mounted on carry handle on my M4. Not much recoil on a 223 but scope still got me a couple times, just to darn high for good cheek rest. Put on a add on cheek rest which worked well but couldn't fully extend charging handle unless the adjustable stock was fully extended. I would put on a First Samco quad rail handguard and mount a 42 mm red dot there. It put the dot just above front sight blade on my M4, but make sure you try it for height before you buy it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top