Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT
Ok, I just picked up my first black rifle, a Panther AR Lite from a gun show. At one of the booths I found this scope:
www.drbnightvision.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/152
The guy selling them told me that it mounts easily on the carry handle. I was wondering if any of you have a scope mounted on the handle of your AR, if so how does it work for you?
The scope itself seemed nice enough, all the buttons & dials, illuminated red reticle. I'm not trying to make a sniper rifle here, thats going to be my Remington down the road... I just want to be able to do a real nice group with my latest toy
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:42:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By FivespeedF150:
... if so how does it work for you? ...

Crappy the ballistics suck IMHO. Having a 4" Height over bore produces a rainbow like trajectory.

The only 2 scopes I'll put on a carry handle are Compact ACOGs and Colt Scopes. Both a are compact scopes with built in mounts that keep their heigh over bore more reasonable (3" range).
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:42:32 PM EDT
i use an arms mount w/3-9x40 simmions mounted w/low rings on my carry handle, it works well enough to hit groundhogs and prarie dogs past 300 meters i would prefer the optic a bit lower but i like my sturdy irons that won't fall off or get lost and i mostly shoot prone. this is a multi. use weapon and versitilty is important on this one but if i planned on using an optic most of the time i'd probally go w/a flatop. imho
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:50:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:36:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By medicmandan:
I mounted a scope to my carry handle for one trip to the range. Didn't care for the height of it.

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:40:50 AM EDT
Had a 3-9 compact mounted on carry handle on my M4. Not much recoil on a 223 but scope still got me a couple times, just to darn high for good cheek rest. Put on a add on cheek rest which worked well but couldn't fully extend charging handle unless the adjustable stock was fully extended. I would put on a First Samco quad rail handguard and mount a 42 mm red dot there. It put the dot just above front sight blade on my M4, but make sure you try it for height before you buy it.
Top Top