Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 5:15:58 PM EDT
Well thanks to all your input in my previous thread, I've pretty much decided on the Accupoint TR21R.

Now my last question is which LaRue mount to use with it.  I see most of you use the SPR-E.  What I'm wondering is.. IS there a difference in the SPR-E and SPR-EER?  I've looked around at some pix and the two appear to be the same, but with different markings??

Will the regular SPR mount work properly, or does it really depend on how I shoot... NTCH or not?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm almost positive you will need to get the extended mount. If you don't you will have to hold your head too far back and shooting will be awkward.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm almost positive you will need to get the extended mount. If you don't you will have to hold your head too far back and shooting will be awkward.

Thats what I gather from feedback in my last thread and from looking at some pix.

You happen to know if there is a difference in the SPR-E and SPR-EER?  Just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You need the SPR-E.

Thats the one I ordered today from SKD.  Should have it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had 2 Accupoints, as "mcgrubbs" pointed out you NEED the SPR-EER with the Accupoints due to their extreemly generous eye relief.....And you need the 1" model, not the 30mm.

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You happen to know if there is a difference in the SPR-E and SPR-EER?  Just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing!

But to answer your question...

SPR-EER and SPR-E are the same thing.

No doubt about it, SPR-E for the Accupoint for ANYBODY.  I don't shoot NTCH, and I still felt like the SPR-E could have been a tad farther away.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Thaks for the help fellas!  Should be getting my SPR-E from SKD today or tomorrow. (Great service BTW!!)

Accupoint TR-21R on its way as well..........  CAN'T WAIT!  Oh... And if anyone wants an Aimpoint, make me an offer! ...  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=336983
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thaks for the help fellas!  Should be getting my SPR-E from SKD today or tomorrow. (Great service BTW!!)

Yep, that's where I bought mine... I ordered it on a Thursday NIGHT around Midnight, it showed up in the mail saturday afternoon.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, extended version all the way.  

Even then, for me, it needs to be mounted pretty far forward on an AR.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top