BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an Aimpoint but had to sell it a few months ago but last week I was back in the market for either another Aimpoint or an EOTech and it only took me about 5 seconds to decide Aimpoint (ML2).  I don't rally care for the 65MOA of the EOTech and in my opion there isn't a single thing wrong with the Aimpoint and you really never hear of a problem about them like you do about EOTechs lately.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow.  I go away for awhile and this argument still rages on.  

You really don't know which one will work best for you until you try.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish I could try ANYTHING.  I live in Northern Maine.  I don't think there is an Aimpoint or EOTech within 250 Miles of me...
 Nevermind a Compact ACOG

Have you tried posting in the Hometown forum here on ar15.com?  I think you might be surprised at what kind of hardware is around you and how willing people are to let you test their gear.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:49:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I wish I could try ANYTHING.  I live in Northern Maine.  I don't think there is an Aimpoint or EOTech within 250 Miles of me...
 Nevermind a Compact ACOG

I hear ya man.  I live in southern Maine but go up there often - and all joking aside ... up there - you run what you brung!

You're lucky to find anything in that neck of the woods!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both. And as an arfcommer I can only recommend one option: get both.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Eotech owners... is it true that you can't see the Eo reticle if you're wearing polarized sunglasses? Someone was telling me that, and knowing that my digital watch and certain LCD devices appear blank, I was wondering if there's any truth to this. Happily no problems using my M2 with my prescription and polarized glasses!

That's bullshit, whoever told you that should keep their ignorant traps shut...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Eotech owners... is it true that you can't see the Eo reticle if you're wearing polarized sunglasses? Someone was telling me that, and knowing that my digital watch and certain LCD devices appear blank, I was wondering if there's any truth to this. Happily no problems using my M2 with my prescription and polarized glasses!

That's bullshit, whoever told you that should keep there ignorant traps shut...

+1 .... that's some pretty thick BS right there!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:13:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't used either EOT or AP. I just ordered an EOTech because it seems more like what I want and happens to be more affordable.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my Aimpoint.  I've had it for two years and STILL haven't replaced the battery.

The Eothingy may have a few advantages but you still have to get special mounts for a proper co-witness.  The mounts and excessories for AP is endless.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice, I'm hooked on this sight system. It works very well, and holds zero all the time.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Haven't used either EOT or AP. I just ordered an EOTech because it seems more like what I want and happens to be more affordable.

Excellent choice, don't get discouraged at first, train yourself with it and you will become one ass-kicking unit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The Eothingy may have a few advantages but you still have to get special mounts for a proper co-witness.

You only have to get special mounts for lower 1/3rd co-witness. It already is set-up for "absolute" co-witness.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I love my Eotech, but I am going to try an aimpoint on my new POF rifle. I can not  get an eotech to co-witness with the elevated rail, standard sights. I am looking at getting one of the new ML3 with the 2MOA dot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I love my Eotech, but I am going to try an aimpoint on my new POF rifle. I can get an eotech to co-witness with the elevated rail, standard sights. I am looking at getting one of the new ML3 with the 2MOA dot.

That is what I recommend.  I much prefer the 2MOA dot over the 4MOA.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I use my Eo with my polarized sunglasses all the time, so that rumor is total BS...  the sunglasses drive me crazy at the gas pump... but they work just fine with the Eotech.

T
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:49:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have both. And as an arfcommer I can only recommend one option: get both.

Good man- take a firm stand on the fence!  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top