Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/13/2006 6:00:27 PM EDT
Searched and found nothing.

I'm considering an A1 upper with a Trilux scope.

My understanding is that it is a 4x scope, very rugged and heavy for it's size as it is made of steel.  I know it can mount to a carry handle but I'm not sure if it can mount to a flat top.

Does anyone have experience with these scopes?  How do they stack up against comprable modern optics?  It seems like they use battery-like cells for illumination, is there a ready supply of these?

I've heard they're great in passing, but I'm looking for a more detailed appraisal.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice optic, but as you said, heavy. There are flatop adapters -- TAPCO may still sell them. I used one with the adapter on my L1A1 clone until getting an original tri lux mount. The inverted aiming point takes some getting used to though. The glass is nice and clear. The battery operated illiminators are so, so. There is a run of tritium replacement units in the works -- check on the FALFILES.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top