Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:53:54 PM EDT
Guys,

I am looking to mount a 1-4X scope on my AR. Should I get the SPR or SPR-E? I just ordered the SPR from Denny, but I want to make sure I didn't screw up. I understand the eye relief is the key, but just wanted a general feel if I made the right decision.

My plan right now is a Leupold or Kahles 1-4X
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:12:24 PM EDT
Do you shoot nose-to-charging handle? If so, the SPR-E might work out for you better.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:24:14 PM EDT
Thanks Capn.....I think I am back a bit from the charging handle, but still I can see the value of having some more room.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
The SPR will likely be fine for you. The SPR-E is for scopes with a huge amount of eye relief.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:08:43 AM EDT
An example of a long eye relief scope is the TR21R, almost 5 inches.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:48:10 AM EDT
I had an SPR I used with a 1.5-4X scope. It was just fine for me NTCH. It depends on how much eye relief you need, but usually the SPR will be fine for most folks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:33:04 AM EDT
what scope are you trying to mount and whats the eye relief on it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:46:47 PM EDT
im trying to decide the same thing. (spr vs eer)

mounting a burris black diamond 6-24x50
they list the eye relief at 3.25"-4"
i also have a Magpul PRS stock.

any advice would be appreciated.
thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:38:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2006 6:39:32 PM EDT by chromeluv]
i have a US Optics that requires no more than 3inches of relief up and down the mag. range, and I have mine in a SPR(non extended) no problem..

eta: im shooting with a collapsible stock though, if your going to run a PRS, you will need to do your homework to ensure everything will line up since you cannot adjust the PRS to shorten the LOP at all other than 1 inch.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:49:39 PM EDT
The only scope that I have found where you NEED the SPR-EER is the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x......LaRue specifically designed the SPR-EER for the Trijicon Accupoint due to it's extreemly generous eye relief.

I'm currently running a Leupold MR/T 1.5-5x20 M2 in a SPR, and I run nose to charging handle.

I have seen Short Dots, IORs, Leupolds, USO, and a few others all in SPR mounts.

Talk to Grant at www.gandrtactical.com about the Kahles, but I believe he is running them in the SPR mounts as well.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:03:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By USMC03:
The only scope that I have found where you NEED the SPR-EER is the Trijicon Accupoint 1.25-4x......LaRue specifically designed the SPR-EER for the Trijicon Accupoint due to it's extreemly generous eye relief.

I'm currently running a Leupold MR/T 1.5-5x20 M2 in a SPR, and I run nose to charging handle.

I have seen Short Dots, IORs, Leupolds, USO, and a few others all in SPR mounts.

Talk to Grant at www.gandrtactical.com about the Kahles, but I believe he is running them in the SPR mounts as well.

I have both a 1.5 and an E. The E has too much eye relief for my Leupold 1.5-5X20mm PR/T and Leupold 3-9X36mm MR/T.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:54:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By talbalos:

Originally Posted By USMC03:

I have both a 1.5 and an E. The E has too much eye relief for my Leupold 1.5-5X20mm PR/T and Leupold 3-9X36mm MR/T.

And your point is????

Re-read my post.

E = EER or Extended Eye Relief

I am running my MR/T in the SPR mount (non Extended Eye Relief version)

The ONLY scope that I've had any experience with that NEEDED the SPR-E was the Trijicon Accupoint.

Top Top