Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2006 3:31:55 AM EDT
What happens when the tritium dims out? I have tritium sights on my Glock. No big deal. but what about a $1000 Acog. Will you get the dreaded, "It's cheaper to replace it than fix it." Or can they juice it up? I guess they haven't been on the market long enough for this to be necessary, but even before they dim out they will reach a point where they aren't bright enough.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:42:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By callgood:
What happens when the tritium dims out? I have tritium sights on my Glock. No big deal. but what about a $1000 Acog. Will you get the dreaded, "It's cheaper to replace it than fix it." Or can they juice it up? I guess they haven't been on the market long enough for this to be necessary, but even before they dim out they will reach a point where they aren't bright enough.

IIRC in 12 years the reticle will be 1/2 as bright as it was when it was new. Tritium replacement will run you about $300.

As long as the fiber optic can gather some light, it will power the reticle...with or without tritium.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
Thanks, bj. I remembered the 12 year figure. Couldn't recall if that was time till finito or what. I could live with that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:21:08 AM EDT
the fiber optics will still work
Top Top