Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:59:47 AM EDT
Hi Gang!

Curious to know -

(A) what our Military is using for BUIS?

Since I'm looking to find some BUIS for my flattops

(B) Anybody have experience they would share with KAC?

(C) Anybody have experience they would share with Matech?

(D) Anybody have experience they would share with ARMS 40?

Thanks!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:21:47 AM EDT
I like my KAC 300m that I got used for under $65 but the removable insert is impractical. It's not a problem to remove but once it's removed, it's hard to find a good spot to keep it.

It lies down very very flat and the adjustmend knob is off to the right side so I assume it's one of the lowest. People will say the Troy is the lowest, which it probably is, but I don't think the A2 knob on the side of the 300m will get in the way of much, i.e. an ACOG.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:46:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/6/2006 11:51:25 AM EDT by Duffy]
KAC 300M is easily the lowest profile of them all. Troy is low but it doesn't beat the KAC 300M/600M sights. Also with a 4x32 ACOG on an ARMS 19S mount, I can mount it one rail further back with a KAC 300M installed. Troy's sight is tough and big, never heard of it being low though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:48:45 AM EDT
The Army has issued the ARMS #40 in conjunction with the AimPoint.

In todays military, when troops are deployed to combat zones overseas, I know soldiers have
outfitted themselves with weapons accessories of their choice with their own funds.

I've heard of soldiers who bring their own uppers to the sandbox.

I've seen many different combinations of BUIS with EOTechs, ACOGs and AimPoints in combat use by US Troops around the world.

HS1
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:05:41 PM EDT
(A) The Matech BUIS is the "official" standard issue BUIS for the Army, though individual units reportedly procure different types with unit funds.

(C) I just bought a Matech, but haven't mounted/used it yet. I can tell you it's high quality and seems to made from good materials. It's also a little bulkier and heavier than I expected it to be, but not excessively so.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:41:42 PM EDT
Look around and you will see, no standardization in the BUIS. Except for the good old carry handle.

The Matech is reportedly not available to civilians.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:50:25 PM EDT
ARMS 40 worked for me, but I prefer the Troy. There is no "official" military BUIS, rather a hodge podge of contracts from different units. Naval Special Warfare seems to like chopped carry handles and LMT BUIS. The SOPMOD came with Knights 300m sights. Different variants of the SPR came with ARMS 40s and KAC 600m sights.
Top Top