Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:52:00 AM EDT
I have NEVER seen a pic of an EOThing mounted with the hex bolt....they always have the knurled weaver bolt instead. Just wondered why this was. I had mine installed with the "thumbscrew" but switched to the hex bolt for ease of installation and cleaner look. Only possible downside I see is the clamping pressure is moved from the protector hood to the inner screw hole itself, which does not have that composite washer. Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:12:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JackalAR:
I have NEVER seen a pic of an EOThing mounted with the hex bolt....they always have the knurled weaver bolt instead. Just wondered why this was. I had mine installed with the "thumbscrew" but switched to the hex bolt for ease of installation and cleaner look. Only possible downside I see is the clamping pressure is moved from the protector hood to the inner screw hole itself, which does not have that composite washer. Just curious.

When I'm out, I usually don't have a full set of tools with me. A nickle and some finger pressure can get the knob loose if needed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:27:12 AM EDT
...which is why I used the weaver bolt to begin with, but I found that the site would work itself bewteen the slots on my teflon impeg. upper if I didn't tighten it down with the aid of needle nose pliers on the coin, thus eliminating it's "quick release" purpose anyway. Since I have a BUIS, I don't see a need to ever remove the site anyway.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:14:14 PM EDT
I found the same problems with my 552 so I use the hex bolt. A GG&G mount would solve this problem. But since I have BUIS I don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:43:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NoAim:

When I'm out, I usually don't have a full set of tools with me. A nickle and some finger pressure can get the knob loose if needed.

+1

I haven't had any problems with mine staying in place.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:24:46 PM EDT
mines on a qd larue so i used the hex bolt
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:18:58 AM EDT

Originally Posted By WIZZO_ARAKM14:

Originally Posted By NoAim:

+1

I haven't had any problems with mine staying in place.

WIZZO

Me neither. But like anything else, I do a quick check of everything before I head out/shoot. Are all knobs tight, lubed, safety works, trigger falls, etc. etc. However, I have not had a problem with the knurled knob coming loose on my Bushmaster upper.

Maybe your upper just has too nice of a finish!?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:17:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JL7:
mines on a qd larue so i used the hex bolt

+1
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:25:46 AM EDT
I used the knurled bolts until I got my GG&G Accucams.
Top Top