Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 12:32:47 PM EDT
At the range everyone wanted to look at my ML2/551 Almost everyone said how can it be accurate with the dot floating around? I wouldnt pay that price?

I also see guys useing one eye only on there red dot type scopes and even some guys in magazines use it like a regular scope?

Do you guys have the same stuff going on at your range?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:24:57 PM EDT
Some people just can't get used to shooting with both eyes open. I like it so much that I shoot everything with both eyes open.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:24:23 PM EDT
My favorite is where they try their damnedest to line up the front sight with the red dot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:32:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/3/2006 4:34:02 PM EDT by Ajaka]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:03:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJ:
At the range everyone wanted to look at my ML2/551 Almost everyone said how can it be accurate with the dot floating around? I wouldnt pay that price?

I also see guys useing one eye only on there red dot type scopes and even some guys in magazines use it like a regular scope?

Happens to nearly everyone i shoot with, Ill even specificly tell them how to use a red dot optic but they never listen. They end up tring to line up the dot with the FSP and they close their eye. Next time you're at the range really impress your friends by closing the front lenscap on the Aimpoint and shooting. They will sweat you're magic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:06:38 PM EDT
I've tried that! Kool!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:32:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CYBIN:

Happens to nearly everyone i shoot with, Ill even specificly tell them how to use a red dot optic but they never listen. They end up tring to line up the dot with the FSP and they close their eye. Next time you're at the range really impress your friends by closing the front lenscap on the Aimpoint and shooting. They will sweat you're magic.

actually, that's the first thing i usually show people. everyone is always amazed. "how the hell do they do that?" is the usual response.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:42:38 PM EDT
FMJ

You bet... most of those Yahoo's are the ones that don't believe in taking any formal training or feel, " I know enough to use my stuff" It's rare that I run into anyone who has a clue and can run their guns efficiently and effectively...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 5:06:47 PM EDT by CYBIN]

Originally Posted By ShamusMcOI:

Originally Posted By CYBIN:

actually, that's the first thing i usually show people. everyone is always amazed. "how the hell do they do that?" is the usual response.

Yea its a great way to show people that closing an eye is unnesessary.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 10:34:32 AM EDT
Some of the guys LOOK well season!

I also seen I guy with a BADGE on his Holster I thought he was a LEO but the Badge said Carry Permit
Why would one need that? I would think a FL permitt is enough!
Top Top