Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:58:11 PM EDT
Where's the best place online to buy scope rings for a flat top upper?  I'm not looking for big dollar rings, just good rings for general use.  I definitely don't need the $180 jobs.  Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
tps
warne
nightforce is only about $140 along with badgers
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking for the same thing and discovered Burris makes some really nice tactical rings for about $50.00
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Another Rat!

Yea!  $140 sure beats $180!

Not trying to be a smartass really but Jeez, why do we need 100 plus dollar scope rings?  Whats wrong with something like Burris or Millet at half the price?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Millett AL00722 are specifically for flat top ARs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
That's exactly what I'm looking for.  $26.50 is a whole lot better than $180 or $140.  If I was rolling around on the ground or rooftops, then I could see spending tall coin on some rings that would get knocked around.  This will do me just fine.  Thanks !!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]
My Badger rings required no lapping at all, my friends Burris rings required a butt load of lapping, you can buy $50.00 rings and a scope ring lapping tools, or buy the best, its your scope.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My Badger rings required no lapping at all, my friends Burris rings required a butt load of lapping, you can buy $50.00 rings and a scope ring lapping tools, or buy the best, its your scope.

Brian

Once you buy a set and have them in your hands and install them you will understand.  They are built like a tank.  No comparison.  I just got a set for my 700P and the Badger 20 degree mount.  You just have to see them to understand.  Badgers are 167 and Nightforce 140.00.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
glock24,
I like Burris scopes but I have not been happy with their rings.

Badger are Nightforce are great rings.  The cheapest price rings I recommend are the TPS.  There are things I don’t like about TPS rings but I would personally use them.  I really have been happy the Nightforce rings.

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

I got my Nightforce rings today Mike they look great.  Don
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top