Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:07:56 PM EDT
I have a varixIII scope (from the EE) that has an objective lens that is dirty. I just tried one of those "lens pen" things, I guess it helped, but it looks like it  needs a cleaner of some kind. Is it OK to use Windex, or alcohol  or something to clean it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a lens cleaning kit for a camera. they work very well.
First, brush away loose particles.
Then apply a couple of drops on the lens surface, and using a lens tissue, wipe or touch or fondle gently in a circular motion starting fromt the center of the glass to its edge. Try not to use a bunch of cleaning fluid, but any excess will eventually evaporate.

(Acetone works really well, but first get rid of particles on the glass. Particles when rubbed into the glass will put micro-scratches into the coatings.)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top