Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:44:48 PM EDT
Well, decided to try the factory aimpoint mount for my new 2moa aimpoint. I did some research, and it seemed to be the lowest mount out there. Which was a concern to me since I'm mounting it on a FAL.

Went to zero it today, and first three shots were outstanding. Almost all in the same hole, and perfectly zeroed. It didn't take long for the mount to loosed though. and not at the allen screws on the rings, but at the thumbscrew on the side. And yes, I did tighten with a screwdriver, but did not loctite it, as I thought that might be a bad idea.

Anyway, the only mount that looks like it might be close is the Larue RAS mount. Are there any other options out there? I'd like to go with Larue, but really just want the lowest mount I can find that will stay solid.

TIA
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
there's not going to be anything that low there is some brand in the shotgun news think its brugget and t- something. might work

i would just loc-tite the thumbscrew.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
how about the arms#22m68 mount? how much higher does it sit? I'm guessing it's probably the next lowest mount?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
the arms mount without the spacer is just about the same height as the ras larue mount
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hawkeye's DSA with a LaRue short mount:

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top