Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 6:56:21 AM EDT
I have a Colt Carbine A2 and use it for patrol duty. I want to mount an EoTech on it but still be able to use the iron sights. I have looked at all the gooseneck mounts and the ARMS 39A2 looks to be the most rugged but can't be adjusted like the Bennie Cooley. Does anyone have the ARMS setup or another version and can the irons be seen through the EoTech?

Ideally I would like to be able to mount a QA scope on the top of the handle if the need arises without taking the EoTech off if this is possible.

I would appreciate any feedback on the above and by what I have read here the EoTech sounds like a good sight for patrol duty (Pa State Police) or are there differing opinions?

Thanks.........Shooter
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The #39A2 is a good, durable mount, but places an Eotech too high to cowitness. To use an Eotech, you'd have to go with the Benny Cooley mount, but then you'd lose the rail for mounting a scope up top when desired. An Aimpoint will cowitness the irons with a #39A2; you'd still have a great sight, and you'd have the rail, as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
p.r.i. also makes one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a PRI mount that I bought (and sold) on the EE here.  Great little mount, significantly lighter than the 39A2, and held my 512 exactly where I wanted it.  If I was going to use it for serious puposes, I would probably douse the thumb screw with LocTite first, but for general use I never noticed any loosening.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies. I ordered a Bennie Cooley from Brownell's. It is adjustable and if I want to use my scope I can easily remove it and attach the scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top