Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:00:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have this setup? It seems like the LMT would be too high and block a view through the Eotech. Or is this not true? Just to be clear, I'm assuming that the Eotech would be directly on the rec'r and not utilizing a riser such as the Larue.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I remember seeing one of Stickman's rigs with a chopped carry handle (basically an LMT sight) with an Eotech.

I'll see if I can find a link.

ETA:  Found it!.  From the pics it looks like you could co-witness really well, and it wouldnt block anything.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good QUIB.  Do you get a lower 1/3 co witness or is it pretty much straight on?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is not on any riser and it works perfect. If your looking through the irons the dot will be right on the front sight post and if you look over the rear sight it appears just over the front sight post. Either  way it's dead on! I preferr this over my setup with the ARMS 40L. Once you get used to it you won't even see the rear sight.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
What  does BUIS stand for?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Back Up Iron Sight
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looks good QUIB.  Do you get a lower 1/3 co witness or is it pretty much straight on?

You get an absolute co-witness...just like 03USMC11 stated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:37:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mine is not on any riser and it works perfect. If your looking through the irons the dot will be right on the front sight post and if you look over the rear sight it appears just over the front sight post. Either  way it's dead on! I preferr this over my setup with the ARMS 40L. Once you get used to it you won't even see the rear sight.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/USMC/Complete/Oly-Stag2.jpg

+1
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top