Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:55:10 PM EDT
I have a Yankee Hill free float hanguard system (The lightwieght model) and I was considering buying thier forearm end cap, however that means I am going to have to remove my flip down front sight/gas block ( which is also a yankee hill setup) How difficult is removing and reinstalling the gas block, gas tube, etc?

Here is a link to the page that has the handguards and the end cap

http://www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty easy.

1)Remove the gas tube roll pin.
2)Unscrew the clamp screws from the FSB/gas block.
3)Pull the FSB free from the gas tube, push gas tube back into receiver an inch or so.
4)Screw the end cap into the rail.
5)Push gas tube from receiver end back through the 12 oclock hole in the end cap.
5)Loosely assemble the FSB/gas block back together, snug not tight.
6)Insert gas tube into FSB/gas block.
7)Adjust tube so that everything looks straight and push the gas tube roll pin back in.
8)Adjust FSB so that it's straight as you can get it (good eyes for spatial relationships help)
9)Tighten FSB screws in an alternating pattern for even pressure.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
great.. thanks. I suppose I could get a like a yellow paint marker and draw a line both on the barrel and the FSB to assist in getting it back to its original position. Doesn't sound to tricky. Thanks for the info.

-Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top