Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:24:35 PM EDT

I just received notice that my NightForce NXS 2.5-10X24 (mil-dot) will be here in about a week.  I plan to replace the TA11E that is sitting on top of my 20" AR10A4.  I wanted the lower power like the TA11 with the option of 10X.

Convince me that I need to keep my TA11 instead of selling it to recoup some much needed money.  This rifle is primarily for hunting, target shooting and plinking but I would not hesitate to defend myself with it if teh need arises.

I need a point of view other than my wife who thinks the TA11 could be easily turned into a new couch.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummmmm....you do plan on buying another AR don't you?  Also, when the zombies attack, you will need a CQB sight.  The NXS won't cut it for that type of duty.

Hope this helped.

Gary
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
You could keep it as a very expensive backup in case the zombies invade and you break your Nightforce?

It's possible, but I would probably just switch to irons for zombie killing and curse myself for the money in my wallet when I could really use a primo optic for placing shots on the brain stem to drop the zombie hordes.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top