Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 3:24:05 PM EDT
anyone know the defference between the 2 makers as far as for mounting an aimpoint on a flat top.

thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:29:11 PM EDT
Well, I don't know about the GG&G, but the Larue co-witnesses in the lower 1/3. I have the straight mount (not the cantilever one) and I am really pleased. It really does hold zero after being taken off and put back on.

I also like how they built in a spare battery compartment. They even have a rubber washer to keep water out in case you go scuba diving with your AR (lol)... It works in another way, keeps the mount light.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:02:23 PM EDT
Larue > GGG
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:28:18 PM EDT
I have owned both and LARUE makes the best period. GGG are good but , Im sorry They just are not LARUE. Mark LARUE puts out great products and his Custome rservice outshines them all.
chuck
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:32:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 5:32:53 PM EDT by SHIVAN]
The only mount I would consider by GG&G is the cantilever one. It's not meant to be quick removal. The one I had used a thumb screw, like KAC.

Having used nearly every mount type there is currently out, I must say the LaRue levers are at the top.

If I wanted a rock solid mount and knew that I was likely not going to be removing the optics to swap them out, I wouldn't hesitate to use the GG&G Cantilever mount and crank it down.

If I was going to keep my "options open", I would get the LaRue mount for the ACOG/Magnified Optic and the Aimpoint.

FWIW...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:49:47 PM EDT

Larue is hard to beat. Even if the products are equal, the Larue customer service can not be beat.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:12:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 10:15:52 AM EDT by Submariner]
I have used GG&G, ARMS, (edit) PRI and LaRue mounts. Every optic mount I have is now LaRue EXCEPT for two GG&G PVS-14 mounts. That mount is robust and permits helmet mounting the optic without putting the whole mount on the J mount. Repeatability of zero is a non-issue. Having said this, if I were buying new, I would go with LaRue due to cost. The GG&G's are paid for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By srt007:
anyone know the defference between the 2 makers as far as for mounting an aimpoint on a flat top.

thanks

The LaRue has superior design, and cost less money.
Top Top