Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:14:45 PM EDT
I finally got my RRA 20" varmint AR15 and put the scope on only to find out it sits to low.  So I guess I am going to need to buy one of the riser things to raise the whole thing up.  I like   bushmasters 2 piece setup but was wondering if anyone else makes them or does anybody know where else I can get these?  Thanks in advance for the help.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
YHM is who makes them for Bushmaster. Second item down. Good company.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
you need to fix that link pronto!!

don't get the two pieces of risers.  Get the 4" long riser- maybe it's 6".  I don't remember.  You'd be better off.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I finally got my RRA 20" varmint AR15 and put the scope on only to find out it sits to low.  So I guess I am going to need to buy one of the riser things to raise the whole thing up.  I like Bushmaster's 2 piece setup but was wondering if anyone else makes them or does anybody know where else I can get these?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Fixed your link.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I figured out how the link works now!  Shortly after my original post I found the ones made by YHM.  I can't decide if I want the two piece or one piece mount...or would some extra high rings work?
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:29:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 2 piece YHM riser on my varmint special and it is ok.  I would prefer a quick release ultra high scope rings for the ease of detaching a scope.  Check out the Warne Maxima Ultra high 1" or 30mm quick detach scope rings, decent priced too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:22:47 AM EDT
[#6]
i second the Warne rings!  I have them on my middy and they are rock solid and rtz better than expected.  Here's a pic...

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have decided to with a set of tall rings.  I like the warne rings but not sure I want quick detach.  Also, where is the best place to buy these from?  Are there any other rings available in the same price range or less that anyone could recomend.  It seems pretty hard to find rings that are tall enough that aren't either cheap junk or way too expensive.  Thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top